Etsy and Betsi

Mia Hinman

Mar 23, 2015, 11:38:16 AM3/23/15
to blugrin-su...@googlegroups.com
Everyone, we need to get everyone who uses this program or wanted to use the program to post POLITELY in the forum to keep the thread active and at the top of the list so hopefully Etsy will read the posts. I am very sure that the increased success I have seen in my shop is due to Graeme and Betsi. I was about to open a second shop for my yarn and Fabric and have decided not to at this point. I may list everything on Ebay, but there is no way I can manage two stores on Etsy without Betsi.

Please keep POLITELY posting in the forums to keep the thread alive. We really need to get Besti back. I am afraid to write to Etsy directly asking for it back as it may not be helpful. I am wondering if all of us contacting them fix the variations is not part of the reason this happened. Etsy got very upset over us contacting them.

samiam

Mar 23, 2015, 12:03:30 PM3/23/15
to blugrin-su...@googlegroups.com
They rarely reverse themselves. It is a good idea to keep that thread alive, but eventually they will lock it. That is how they operate. The best way to deal with this is the media. EcommerceBytes is a great way to get things out in the open. Ina did write about it already.

I just don't have time to deal with the constant and often unnecessary changes. They don't deal with what sellers need, but spend time on stuff we don't even want let alone need. I need a stable platform and etsy has never ever been that. It has just gotten worse. With the IPO I have a feeling everything is just going to get worse.

This is an unfortunate situation and they handled it in the worst possible way. To put someone out of business like this (and they have done this to many sellers many times before) is unethical and immoral.

Bobbie Koriakin

Mar 23, 2015, 1:29:29 PM3/23/15
to blugrin-su...@googlegroups.com
Samiam,

   Totally agree with you....it makes me sick that they would do this to a business owner . How I wish there was an alternative out there.

Maggie Ware

Mar 26, 2015, 12:36:32 AM3/26/15
to blugrin-su...@googlegroups.com
We started a thread in "questions" asking Betsi users to estimate their cost to make changes to their shop items. Responses are coming in and as we hoped the shop owners are being specific. The thread is keeping the Betsi v Etsy topic active. Please everyone, if you aren't muted, post something in a positive way to keep this up. Our hope is someone who knows someone who knows a investor will catch wind and think about what's going on and how bad publicity can hurt a business that's trying to launch an IPO. Every post helps and if we don't post Etsy gets to think it won . . . in the long run they may but we aren't going down with the ship. We are standing on the deck screaming "Give Betsi back" "it will be bad business to execute her on May 18th!"

LiveLongAndProsper

Mar 26, 2015, 9:43:29 AM3/26/15
to blugrin-su...@googlegroups.com
Our best bet is to help Graeme start a new site...one that uses all the good features of Etsy (transparency that USED to be in shipping prices), and none of the bad stuff (secrecy, bad decisions with no rhyme or reason). Not against also keeping my Etsy account, but you just don't know what is coming down the pike with Etsy.