Open Letter to Graeme and the Blugrin Team

Fleurish Walls

May 17, 2015, 3:46:52 PM5/17/15
to blugrin-su...@googlegroups.com
I am so disheartened by the news that I am just now reading... Time constraints have kept me from the Etsy team updates for a while, and I have just found this group while searching for the now obsolete Bluegrin Team on my Etsy teams list. I just want to say that Betsi has been, hands down, my most valuable tool in maintaining my Etsy shop since I subscribed several years ago. Honestly, I can't imagine what I am going to do without it... There have been countless changes on the Etsy site since the first of the year, most of which have had a substantially negative impact on my store. Betsi has been my one and only saving grace in trying to adapt to these changes, and it seems that my adaptation process, with the help of Betsi, is now coming to an end, far short of completion. Etsy's seemingly unending greed has cast such a pall that I don't know which way to turn. I depend on my shop as my sole source of income, but what was formerly a handmade-friendly venue has quickly evolved into one for low quality, mass-produced products designed to line the pockets of Etsy. Shame on them for the accusations of TOU violations! What violations??? Are they planning to steal the technology for their own interests? My guess would be that they are... I am currently investigating alternate sales venues, but the process is slow. I've started a shop on Bonanza, with little results thus far, but I don't have access to a very good bulk editor there :-( I've seen comments regarding Shopify, so I will be investigating that possibility as well.

Thank you, Graeme, for all that you have done for me and my shop, including all of your personalized support whenever I had an issue... You have succeeded in developing an excellent product, and, unfortunately, I am afraid that this is the very thing that has made you a target for Etsy's greed-filled mission... Nous triompherons!!!!

Kindest regards,

Lisa

Crochet by Michele

May 18, 2015, 6:44:47 PM5/18/15