ECommerceBytes Article - Etsy puts Innovation at Risk by Pulling Popular Tool

blugrinCo

Mar 20, 2015, 11:10:13 AM3/20/15
to blugrin-su...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Ina at EcommerceBytes has posted an article with an open comments section. I am guessing that she is asking for public feedback. Here is the link if you wish to weigh in on the conversionation: http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2015/3/1426855771.html

Graeme

Dea Shelton

Mar 20, 2015, 1:33:45 PM3/20/15
to blugrin-su...@googlegroups.com
Great read, and agree with everyone else, this was a very underhanded way to handle this and a great loss to both the seller and the Etsy platform.  Do they not see without the tools to grow our business it only hurts them financially also?

Jan O'Loughlin

Mar 21, 2015, 2:35:48 AM3/21/15
to blugrin-su...@googlegroups.com
I don't know if you know the phrase Graham, but in the mining industry here in Aus, it's called, been given the 'Window seat'. No warning even when you turn up at the airport for a FIFO, there's is no ticket waiting for you - Shafted.

There is no excuse, ever for this sort of behavior, especially since they pulled other tools as well before the deadline and I woke up with this at 6am on a Friday morning much the same as you did. I am not a Betsi subscriber, but this tactic is disgusting, and like many others, well I have quite a few words, but they shouldn't be repeated.

This is a tune that is keeping me going at the moment.

Jan

samiam

Mar 21, 2015, 11:32:18 AM3/21/15
to blugrin-su...@googlegroups.com
I turned off direct checkout and will be moving to storenvy. I'm not going to reward their nasty behavior with processing fees. I know it will take some time to get things moved, but this really is the last straw for me. Their behavior is immoral and unethical.

samiam

Mar 21, 2015, 12:27:55 PM3/21/15
to blugrin-su...@googlegroups.com
ooopppssss I meant SHOPIFY...lol

Kelly Neddo

Mar 22, 2015, 5:35:23 PM3/22/15
to blugrin-su...@googlegroups.com
And did you see this?

Chad Dickerson – Member, Advisory Committee for Trade Policy and Negotiations

https://m.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2015/03/18/president-obama-announces-more-key-administration-posts

Lenore Berry-Zaragosa

Mar 23, 2015, 2:46:31 PM3/23/15
to blugrin-su...@googlegroups.com
What does this guy have to do with Etsy?

thinkum aka snurcher

Mar 23, 2015, 3:01:36 PM3/23/15
to blugrin-su...@googlegroups.com
"Chad Dickerson is CEO of Etsy, a position he has held since 2011.  He was Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of Etsy from 2008 to 2011.  Previously, Mr. Dickerson was Director of the Brickhouse and Advanced Products teams at Yahoo! from 2007 to 2008, and was Senior Director of the Yahoo! Developer Network from 2006 to 2007.  He also served as CTO of InfoWorld Media Group from 2001 to 2005 and was CTO of Salon.com from 1998 to 2001.  Mr. Dickerson received a B.A. from Duke University."