UPDATE - BDETSI LITE & TOOLS4ETSY

blugrinCo

Mar 20, 2015, 12:58:23 PM3/20/15
to blugrin-su...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Some good news.

Graeme contacted Etsy regarding BETSI LITE and Tools4Etsy loosing access to the API prematurely. It appears that Etsy have corrected this and all 3 tools and apps are all functioning as expected until May 18th as outlined in the email received by our users from Etsy.

When we receive more information, we will keep you posted.

Thank you for your support, patience, and understanding.

Jacinta

pinkbird...@gmail.com

Mar 20, 2015, 2:05:24 PM3/20/15
to blugrin-su...@googlegroups.com
Good news.  Hopefully Etsy comes to its senses soon and allows us to continue using this wonderful tool.

Bobbi Maw

Mar 20, 2015, 2:36:46 PM3/20/15
to blugrin-su...@googlegroups.com
Hi Graeme and Jacinta,
Here's hoping things get straightened out and Betsi can continue to help me run my shop. I can't even begin to fathom how I would work without it, and thinking about it dam near causes a panic attack. All my fingers and toes are crossed in the hopes that this can be resolved soon.

b bab

Mar 20, 2015, 2:54:12 PM3/20/15
to blugrin-su...@googlegroups.com
I hope that you open your own selling site. I will be there as will most of your clients, I suspect.
What Etsy did is illegal in my opinion.

b bab

Mar 20, 2015, 3:05:14 PM3/20/15
to blugrin-su...@googlegroups.com
I am just so disappointed in Etsy. I feel like we'd all better spread out. Zibbet is another alternative since they run on the same kind of platform as Etsy and their site is all handmade.

TwistmoStudios

Mar 20, 2015, 7:31:26 PM3/20/15
to blugrin-su...@googlegroups.com
My Etsy loyalty continues to deteriorate -- this incident has made it crumble even faster.
Message has been deleted

Lenore Berry-Zaragosa

Mar 22, 2015, 8:16:30 AM3/22/15
to blugrin-su...@googlegroups.com
I've been thinking this for quite a while now. If worse comes to worse and you are forced to move to another handmade selling venue, I need to move with you. That's how important this tool is to that extreme.

Kelly Neddo

Mar 22, 2015, 5:42:43 PM3/22/15
to blugrin-su...@googlegroups.com
I agree. since it is run by a bunch of lawyers I'm sure the wording from that email send out is enough to make users *assume he has done something wrong with their wording but without accusing... clever little lawyers. Ugh!

samiam

Mar 23, 2015, 1:20:05 PM3/23/15
to blugrin-su...@googlegroups.com
Exactly Kelly. It was nasty.

They say they can't discuss a member's account, yet they sent out that email that implies blugrin did something wrong.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/defamation-slander-libel

Defamation is an area of law that provides a civil remedy when someone's words end up causing harm to your reputation or your livelihood. Libel is a written or published defamatory statement, while slander is defamation that is spoken by the defendant. In this section, we'll explain what you need to prove if you're bringing a defamation lawsuit, and what to expect at each step of your case, including common defenses to a defamation claim.