Copy & Paste

Bennett Barouch

May 25, 2021, 12:44:24 PM5/25/21
to Blue Static Support
Let's say you see that one of your variables holds some long string value, and you want to copy that so you can do something with it outside of MacGDBp. There doesn't seem to be a way to copy and paste out of MacGDBp -- Am I missing something?

Robert Sesek

May 29, 2021, 3:27:34 PM5/29/21
to blues...@googlegroups.com
You can use the Inspector window to view the full contents of the variable, as well as copying it. You can also use the Eval tab and just enter `$variable` to see the contents of the variable.

On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 12:44 PM Bennett Barouch <bjba...@gmail.com> wrote:
Let's say you see that one of your variables holds some long string value, and you want to copy that so you can do something with it outside of MacGDBp. There doesn't seem to be a way to copy and paste out of MacGDBp -- Am I missing something?

Bennett Barouch

May 30, 2021, 2:11:18 PM5/30/21
to Blue Static Support
By the Inspector window, I assume you mean the "Variables" window. How exactly do you copy a value from there? On a Mac, I can't select, ctl-click, opt-click, or anything else of that sort to copy a value, and the Copy, Cut, Paste items on the Edit menu are greyed out. In the Eval window, if I type in a variable and hit Enter, usually nothing is displayed, sometimes it shows the value, and sometimes the program just freezes.

Robert Sesek

Jun 1, 2021, 8:44:48 AM6/1/21
to blues...@googlegroups.com
No, I mean the dedicated Inspector palette available via either the Window menu in the main menu bar or the toolbar button.

Bennett Barouch

Jun 1, 2021, 1:55:20 PM6/1/21
to Blue Static Support
Wow. I never knew about that. Pretty not-intuitive, but thank you VERY much!