breakpoint handling

wolfgang studer

May 6, 2020, 3:20:13 AM5/6/20
to Blue Static Support
Hi

as a wish (hope it's allowed to post it here too)

Currently the breakpoint handler is fine but , hmm let's say, a little unhandy ...
At least I prefer to have the debug window as big as possible to see in the code preview what's going on.
Also I prefer to have the brekpoints cleaned up after a bugfix session is over.

Currently, I have to ..
* click on 1 breakpoint in my list on top
* move mouse down to bottom of window to remove the breakpoint
* move mouse up to select next breakpoint
and so on.

My wish (and again thanks for the great software) would be that either I can use a right click menu to delete a breakpoint and/or to select multiple breakpoints at once and remove then all selected with one "-" click.

Btw, a second wish is in regards to the toolbar.
It would be nice if there would be a possibility to add the general setting "Debugger behaviour: Break on first line of execution" as a toggle button into the toolbar.

The reason here is that I use it for module testing in a CMS.
Due to testings, sometimes I do something wrong and will be logged out.
So I have either to exit the debugger, or to go to the settings, switch this flag off.
Log in into CMS, go to the position I want start tests.
Now go back into settings to switch this flag on.
And so on.
No problems but well ;-)

Thanks a lot
Wolfgang

Robert Sesek

May 16, 2020, 12:53:20 PM5/16/20
to blues...@googlegroups.com
Hi Wolfgang,

Response to you below, inline:

On Wed, May 6, 2020 at 3:20 AM wolfgang studer <goo...@wolfgangstuder.ch> wrote:
Hi

as a wish (hope it's allowed to post it here too)

Currently the breakpoint handler is fine but , hmm let's say, a little unhandy ...
At least I prefer to have the debug window as big as possible to see in the code preview what's going on.
Also I prefer to have the brekpoints cleaned up after a bugfix session is over.

Currently, I have to ..
* click on 1 breakpoint in my list on top
* move mouse down to bottom of window to remove the breakpoint
* move mouse up to select next breakpoint
and so on.

My wish (and again thanks for the great software) would be that either I can use a right click menu to delete a breakpoint and/or to select multiple breakpoints at once and remove then all selected with one "-" click.

You can delete breakpoints via via the Delete key on the keyboard. To delete all breakpoints, simply do Edit > Select All (Cmd+A) and then press the Delete key.

This is an interesting feature request. I've filed https://www.bluestatic.org/bugs/showreport.php?bugid=264 to track it.

The reason here is that I use it for module testing in a CMS.
Due to testings, sometimes I do something wrong and will be logged out.
So I have either to exit the debugger, or to go to the settings, switch this flag off.
Log in into CMS, go to the position I want start tests.
Now go back into settings to switch this flag on.
And so on.
No problems but well ;-)

Thanks a lot
Wolfgang