Accept incoming connection

wolfgang studer

May 3, 2020, 11:58:27 AM5/3/20
to Blue Static Support
Hi
First of all thanks for this great tool.
Learned about just a few weeks ago but already love it.

However, there is one "issue".
Each time I start MacGDB (2.0.2) it asks about allow/deny incoming connections.
I use it on OSX Catalina 10.15.4
In Systempreferences -> Security -> Firewall I have defined MacGDB to allow incoming connections.

Somewhere on apple's site I read about that the question appears each time if the software is not certified.

Therefore the question is: Did I do something wrong or missed something ? Or do you for any reason not certify your app ? Or ...

Robert Sesek

May 5, 2020, 9:47:46 PM5/5/20
to blues...@googlegroups.com
Hi Wolfgang,

This is likely because MacGDBp is not codesigned. Apple requires one to pay them $99 for the privilege of code singing, and requires an iDevice signed into iCloud to receive their custom two-factor authentication codes. I haven't done either of those things.

- Robert

wolfgang studer

May 6, 2020, 3:08:55 AM5/6/20
to Blue Static Support
thanks a lot.
Knowing that I didn't do something wrong is fine ;-)