Remote Paths Format

Stefan S

Feb 19, 2021, 8:44:57 AM2/19/21
to Blue Static Support
Hi,
i am struggling with setting the "Remote Paths" Preference correctly, in order to be able to see sources and set breakpoints, when debugging a remote machine.

The debugger works and halts just fine, when i load a page on the remote server, but i do  not see sources in MacGBPp and thus can't set breakpoints etc.

Here's a typical URL as seen in the connection log:
fileuri="file:///C:/Users/xxx/Documents/Zeta%20Producer%2016.0.dev/Projects/Widgets%2015.4/output/assets/php/shop/web-api/basket.php"

The path tom the file on my local machine would be:
/Volumes/[C] W10/Users/xxx/Documents/Zeta Producer 16.0.dev/Projects/Widgets 15.4/output/assets/php/shop/web-api/basket.php

Based on this, i tried to set my prefs like so:

Remote: /C:/Users/xxx/Documents/Zeta%20Producer%2016.0.dev/Projects/Widgets%2015.4/output/

However, this does not seem to be the expected syntax.

Do spaces in the local path (on the mac) need to be escaped or such? Is the remote path correct, or is the file:// prefix needed?

I hope you can help clear that our for me.
Thanks, Stefan!

Stefan S

Mar 1, 2021, 9:15:08 AM3/1/21
to Blue Static Support
Hallo,

is this google-group the right place to ask questions or ist there another preferred channel?

Robert Sesek

Apr 11, 2021, 7:21:07 PM4/11/21
to blues...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stefan,

Sorry for the late reply. I have not been monitoring the list recently, but this is the right place.

For the source view when examining stack frames, as of 2.0 the path replacements no longer apply. Instead, the source is fetched from the debugger back-end. Are you not seeing the source from any files when you click a stack frame? Can you check the connection log for the command `source -f <path>` ?

As for the file-path-based breakpoints, I'm not actually sure what the expectation is for Windows-style paths. For the remote path, have you tried "C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Zeta Producer" and "C|Users/xxx/Documents/Zeta Producer" ?

- Robert