MacGDBp - Configuring CSS used in debug output?

Ted Nugent

Jan 30, 2015, 4:26:04 AM1/30/15
to blues...@googlegroups.com
So thankful for MacGDBp in my php development, but having some trouble with the visual style applied to the output - any chance there is an easy way to get configure the CSS that goes into the output of a debug message?

I currently include a CSS file with a few specific overrides, but it feels pretty clunky and doesn't always play nice depending on where it shows up in my site.  Figured editing the CSS directly would be the best way to do this.

Any help? Is there a doc of all the CSS selectors used in output?

Thanks!

Robert Sesek

Jan 30, 2015, 8:01:43 AM1/30/15
to blues...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ted,

I'm not sure I understand the question. MacGDBp does not display any output in the page. Are you perhaps referring to Xdebug's customization of the PHP error messages (examples are on this page: http://xdebug.org/docs/all)? Unfortunately, I do not know if there's a way to customize those, but I did find this page: https://iandunn.name/making-xdebug-not-ugly/.

- Robert

Ted Nugent

Feb 3, 2015, 5:43:37 AM2/3/15
to blues...@googlegroups.com, rse...@bluestatic.org
Hey Robert, thank you for the reply, you're bang on with your suggestion and am wanting to have more control over how the debug messages are presented.

The 'make it less ugly" link is great and it close to what I'm doing know as it appears that the debug output is explicit HTML with style/color/font properties rendered in-line and for each HTML element.  Ideally there should be a local CSS file that users can modify  (or have the option to) that's included in the project.

I love the tool and it is constantly saving me time and effort in my projects - just want to have a bit of a better UI experience. :)

Much appreciated!