Border on Container

SFAgitator

Apr 26, 2012, 12:33:44 AM4/26/12
to Blueprint CSS
How would I go about adding a border to the container div? I've tried
adding a class in my site css file and wrapping the container div with
it:

#outerContainer{ border: 1px solid #000; margin 0 auto; width: 960px;}

All that does is add a border to the top, but the border doesn't show
on the left, right or bottom.

Artur Leśniewski

Apr 26, 2012, 11:56:44 AM4/26/12
to bluepr...@googlegroups.com

#outerContainer{width:958px; border:1px solid #000; margin: 0 auto;}

SFAgitator

Apr 30, 2012, 5:40:45 PM4/30/12
to Blueprint CSS
That's exactly what I've done, but it doesn't surround the inner
container. It doubles-up the border at the top. So basically, I have a
2px border only at the top. Looks the same in all browsers. I have not
modified the blueprint files at all.

On Apr 26, 11:56 am, Artur Leśniewski <arturlesniew...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> #outerContainer{width:958px; border:1px solid #000; margin: 0 auto;}
> 26-04-2012 15:57 użytkownik "SFAgitator" <marklewisstew...@gmail.com>

Artur Leśniewski

Apr 30, 2012, 6:09:16 PM4/30/12
to bluepr...@googlegroups.com

if you need border, override class from blueprint file

for example:

if you have

.span-8 {width:300}

.span-8.borderClass {width: 296px; border:2px solid #ff0; }

in use:

   Lorem ipsum....

2012/4/30 SFAgitator <marklewi...@gmail.com>

--
Pozdrawiam,
Artur Leśniewski

[mobile] +48 504655990
[email] arturle...@gmail.com
[gg] 1859766
[www] http://www.mnich.pl
[allegro] http://allegro.pl/show_user_auctions.php?uid=267851

BBunny

May 3, 2012, 2:01:32 AM5/3/12
to bluepr...@googlegroups.com
SF, if you copied and pasted that CSS directly from your code, there should be a colon after "margin." That's probably not what you did, but just in case...

Mark Stewart

May 3, 2012, 7:55:08 AM5/3/12
to bluepr...@googlegroups.com

No, that wasn't it. I finally got it to work by placing an "hr class=space" after each of my divs. I don't understand why that made it work, but it did.

Sean K. Stewart

May 3, 2012, 10:15:32 AM5/3/12
to bluepr...@googlegroups.com
Mark,

It seems like float issue. The divs inside your outer container need to be cleared so the outer container's border could wrap around all the inner divs. Hard to explain in writing. Hope this helps

Sean K. Stewart
www.seankstewart.com

Mark Stewart

May 3, 2012, 1:15:30 PM5/3/12
to bluepr...@googlegroups.com

Yes it does - thanks!

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/blueprintcss/-/7AM1x8ZRXc0J.

BBunny

May 5, 2012, 3:13:33 AM5/5/12
to bluepr...@googlegroups.com
Sean, can you be a little more specific? Just when I think I've nailed the "float" property, all of a sudden I lose it again. Are you talking about putting a div with the class "clear" after each nested div? If so, can you explain why this makes the border wrap? And could you give us an example of what the code would look like. SF hasn't even told us whether the inner divs are floated. Are you assuming they are?