IE9 Compatibility

Marc Morales

Mar 13, 2012, 2:00:24 PM3/13/12
to bluepr...@googlegroups.com
In Chrome, my page aligns center, perfect, beautiful.   In IE9 it aligns top-left. I actually went to https://github.com/joshuaclayton/blueprint-css/wiki/Quick-start-tut... and tried it with the code included, and the same behaviour happens.  Viewing the page in IE's compatibility mode renders the page the way chrome does.  Not seeing any mention of IE9 compatibility issues on the google group. any ideas out there? i'd hate to scrap this and start over. Attached is a page that renders differently in IE9 versus chrome
test.html

Gareth J M Saunders

Apr 9, 2012, 1:19:52 PM4/9/12
to bluepr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marc

simply judging on the code that you've attached: you have a doctype
missing, which is why it's not displaying as expected in IE9.

Even just adding, the most simple doctype -- the HTML5 doctype -- fixes it:

<!doctype html>

Give that a go and see if that fixes things for you.

Gareth

> --

The Revd Gareth J M Saunders BD, MTh
45 Lindsay Berwick Place