How to Create a New Backend

周舟

Mar 26, 2024, 10:23:54 AMMar 26
to Blueprint uServices

Hello members of the Blueprint project team. Due to some reasons, I would like to create an open-source large language model backend similar to MySQL, but I am unsure of the specific approach. Particularly, I am uncertain whether I need to register the backend for the large model , similar to the experimental code mentioned in your paper; or if I simply need to write an interface for it and move the open-source large model code to the corresponding directory in Bluprint.
If you have already mentioned specific plans of it somewhere, could you tell me the location? Thank you very much!

Vaastav Anand

Mar 26, 2024, 10:56:27 AMMar 26
to Blueprint uServices
Hi,

If I understand correctly you are trying to provide an LLM interface for application specs that can be run against any LLM backend/inference service?
If so, then you would need to implement the following 3 things:

+ Runtime Interface: This is the interface an application spec would use to connect to the backend. (RelationalDB counterpart: https://github.com/Blueprint-uServices/blueprint/blob/main/runtime/core/backend/reldb.go)
+ Runtime Implementation: This is the implementation of the Runtime interface. There is usually 1 implementation per backend choice. (RelationalDB counterparts: mysql - https://github.com/Blueprint-uServices/blueprint/tree/main/runtime/plugins/mysql , sqlite - https://github.com/Blueprint-uServices/blueprint/tree/main/runtime/plugins/sqlitereldb)
+ Plugin Implementation: This provides the APIs that can be used in the wiring spec to correctly instantiate LLM backends as part of an application. This usually corresponds to 1 plugin per backend choice and is related to the Runtime implementation. (RelationalDB counterparts: mysql - https://github.com/Blueprint-uServices/blueprint/tree/main/plugins/mysql)

If you have more detailed implementation questions, I would suggest making a github issue here: https://github.com/Blueprint-uServices/blueprint/issues)
Note that we are using an upgraded version of the wiring spec that is not in the original paper.

Kind Regards
Vaastav