error trying to create new blueprint

frankie gravato

Jul 17, 2012, 5:23:26 PM7/17/12
to bluepri...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to create a working blueprint for a server i have in aws using --sh feature and --relaxed

blueprint-show mongodb --sh --relaxed
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/blueprint-show", line 63, in <module>
    filename = getattr(b, options.generate)(options.relaxed).dumpf()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/blueprint/frontend/sh.py", line 330, in dumpf
    f.write('{0}\n'.format(out))
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u2013' in position 4994: ordinal not in range(128)

any idea how i can resolve this?

Richard Crowley

Sep 20, 2012, 3:30:01 PM9/20/12
to bluepri...@googlegroups.com
I'm sorry for the incredibly delayed response, Frankie.

This is a crummy error message so I opened
<https://github.com/devstructure/blueprint/issues/129> to address it
in the future.

There's some file that has Latin-1 characters in it which aren't
playing nicely with Blueprint's JSON format. If you have a
Unicode-aware terminal you may be able to grep for
<http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/2013/index.htm> to find
the offending file.

Richard