Perhaps I am missing something

michael kotschi

Nov 22, 2013, 12:00:00 PM11/22/13
to bluepri...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have newly discovered Blueprint and I am very excited about learning and using this software.

To that end I would like to setup my own blueprint.io.server, but either I am missing something obvious
or the documentation at http://devstructure.com/blueprint/#server is incomplete.

After installing Boto, Flask and Gunicorn and Blueprint, I have no /etc/blueprint.cfg is this something I must create myself?

I do have what looks like config lines that would go into /etc/blueprint.cfg in a file called /etc/init/blueprint-io-server.conf.
I do not find any mention of this file /etc/init/blueprint-io-server.conf in the documentation, again am I missing something?

And finally the server config given in  http://devstructure.com/blueprint/#server refers to what I assume to be Amazon S3, I am not running on S3.
Must the Blueprint IO server be run from S3?

I have a number of Ubuntu servers both virtualized and not that I would like to clone.
I am running Ubuntu 12.04 32bit as my test server.

Thanks

Richard Crowley

Nov 26, 2013, 12:05:16 AM11/26/13
On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 9:00 AM, michael kotschi <mkot...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have newly discovered Blueprint and I am very excited about learning and
> using this software.

Sorry for the late reply but let me see if I can get you some answers.

> To that end I would like to setup my own blueprint.io.server, but either I
> am missing something obvious
> or the documentation at http://devstructure.com/blueprint/#server is
> incomplete.
>
> After installing Boto, Flask and Gunicorn and Blueprint, I have no
> /etc/blueprint.cfg is this something I must create myself?

Yes, though there are good defaults where possible.

> I do have what looks like config lines that would go into /etc/blueprint.cfg
> in a file called /etc/init/blueprint-io-server.conf.
> I do not find any mention of this file /etc/init/blueprint-io-server.conf in
> the documentation, again am I missing something?

Files in /etc/init are Upstart configurations which are different from
the Blueprint IO server configuration in /etc/blueprint.cfg.

> And finally the server config given in
> http://devstructure.com/blueprint/#server refers to what I assume to be
> Amazon S3, I am not running on S3.
> Must the Blueprint IO server be run from S3?

Yes, Blueprint IO server is specifically designed to store data in S3.

> I have a number of Ubuntu servers both virtualized and not that I would like
> to clone.
> I am running Ubuntu 12.04 32bit as my test server.

That should work well.

michael kotschi

Nov 26, 2013, 12:22:17 PM11/26/13
to bluepri...@googlegroups.com
No problem. Thanks for the response.

Since the blueprint-io-server is meant for hosting on Amazon S3 and I don't have nor want an account. I shall look for another way to archive and share my blueprints.

Thanks Again