Redirecting process output to bluepill app logger

Anirvan Mandal

Oct 5, 2012, 1:37:21 AM10/5/12
to bluep...@googlegroups.com

I am trying to run unicorn and delayed jobs on heroku using bluepill for monitoring them. Doing this I was only able to see process memory usage statistics of the bluepill in heroku's centralized logging system logplex and could not output the process outputs. Bluepill only accepts filenames as a string for process stdout and stderr and heroku does not allow to write to a log file. even if I could write to the log file, I wouldn't be able to read from it.

Therefore to solve the problem, if there is way to redirect the output of the process to the logger which is used by bluepill to show the memory usage statistics of it's monitored processes.