alternate-bluepill gem

akzhan

Mar 10, 2011, 5:55:41 AM3/10/11
to Bluepill
Hello,

Today I have released alternate-bluepill gem that is fork of original
bluepill gem.

This fork includes various patches from community.

This gem will be in sync with arya's upstream, and released because
authors have no time yet to maintain the repository.

Have fun!

Akzhan.

Tim Uckun

Mar 10, 2011, 6:32:42 AM3/10/11
to bluep...@googlegroups.com
That's good news. I was wondering if anybody was going to update the gem.

Thanks.

Akzhan Abdulin

Mar 10, 2011, 6:58:12 AM3/10/11
to bluep...@googlegroups.com, Tim Uckun
Additional resources:
Gem on rubygems: http://rubygems.org/gems/alternate-bluepill

Tim Uckun

Mar 10, 2011, 7:07:48 AM3/10/11
to bluep...@googlegroups.com
Do you have any plans to introduce multiple groups or tags for the processors?

instead of process.group = "mongrels" something like process.groups =
['feeders', 'scheduled_jobs', 'searchers']

Akzhan Abdulin

Mar 10, 2011, 7:35:55 AM3/10/11
to bluep...@googlegroups.com, Tim Uckun
Is it really required?

Tim Uckun

Mar 10, 2011, 4:05:59 PM3/10/11
to Akzhan Abdulin, bluep...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 1:35 AM, Akzhan Abdulin
<akzhan....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it really required?

No but it would be nice when you are trying to start and stop servers.
Some servers can have multiple roles.

Nick Howard

Mar 21, 2011, 8:26:06 PM3/21/11
to Bluepill
Have you tried asking Arya Asemanfar if you can become the maintainer
of the gem properly? It seemed like he was willing to pass it on to
someone else if they wanted to pick it up. It'd be nice if we could
keep bluepill from forking unless it's really necessary.

Arya Asemanfar

Mar 21, 2011, 8:46:58 PM3/21/11
to bluep...@googlegroups.com, Bluepill
Yea, let's do that. I'll add Akzhan as a contributor on GitHub and RubyGems later today. Thanks for the suggestion Nick. Hopefully this will get more people on the newer version.

akzhan

Mar 24, 2011, 3:13:39 PM3/24/11
to Bluepill
Today's new bluepill 0.0.45 has been released with good updates (https
support for checks, ruby 1.9.2 issues, delete race conditions).

Yes, we'll plan to implement TAGS instead of process groups.

alternate-bluepill will be yanked this weekend.

akzhan

Mar 24, 2011, 3:20:05 PM3/24/11
to Bluepill
Ary, we need to update article - http://asemanfar.com/Why-We-Wrote-Bluepill