XML Parsing Error: undefined entity Location: chrome://bluegriffon/content/xul/bluegriffon.xul Line Number 146, Column 4:

Walter Kiess

Apr 30, 2016, 5:15:12 AM4/30/16
to bluegriffon
Hi,

I'm getting the following error on startup:

XML Parsing Error: undefined entity
Location: chrome://bluegriffon/content/xul/bluegriffon.xul
Line Number 146, Column 4:   <key id="key_BGdelete" key="&deleteCmd.key;" modifiers="accel" command="cmd_BGdelete"/>
---^

Solutions I've tried which have so far failed:

1) Uninstall Griffon 1.8 (simply deleting the c:\ProgramFiles...\BlueGriffon folder) and reinstall
2) Uninstall Griffon 1.8, remove c:\users\userid\appdata\local\disruptive Innovations SARL folder and reinstall (did this about 3 times) (there is no "Disruptive..." folder in the Roaming folder)
3) Same as 2, but also updated ...\BlueGriffon\defaults\pref\bluegriffon-prefs.js with some locale settings I found in the posts in this group.

Any other suggestions?

Cheers,
Walter

Doug Laidlaw

May 3, 2016, 3:39:40 AM5/3/16
to bluegriffon
Same thing here.

Russell White

May 25, 2018, 10:46:01 AM5/25/18
to bluegriffon
I too have the problem. Update worked fine for a few days, then rebooted machine (it stays on most of the time) and this error came up.

Russell White

May 25, 2018, 10:47:16 AM5/25/18
to bluegriffon

Russell White

May 25, 2018, 10:54:04 AM5/25/18
to bluegriffon
deleted the C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Disruptive Innovations SARL directory - all good.

Russell White

May 25, 2018, 11:02:40 AM5/25/18
to bluegriffon
Whoops. that deleted my licence key and it appears I no longer have a record of it - installed it 10 years ago.