"javax.bluetooth.BluetoothStateException: BlueCove library bluecove not available" under Linux

TrueVanDal

Nov 11, 2008, 5:52:44 AM11/11/08
to bluecove-users
Hi, i'm having a really wierd problem. I'a using Ubuntu 8.10 32 bit at
the moment and NetBeans 6.5 RC2. The problem is that in my Bluetooth-
enabled projects using bluecove, even though bluevove and bluecove-gpl
jars (tried both the stable 2.0.3 and SNAPSHOT's from 10th November)
are added to project and to classpath, when i run them, all i get is
Exception like this:

Native Library bluecove not available
javax.bluetooth.BluetoothStateException: BlueCove library bluecove not
available
at
com.intel.bluetooth.BlueCoveImpl.loadNativeLibraries(BlueCoveImpl.java:
384)
at
com.intel.bluetooth.BlueCoveImpl.detectStack(BlueCoveImpl.java:432)
at com.intel.bluetooth.BlueCoveImpl.access
$500(BlueCoveImpl.java:69)
at com.intel.bluetooth.BlueCoveImpl$1.run(BlueCoveImpl.java:
1025)
at
com.intel.bluetooth.BlueCoveImpl.detectStackPrivileged(BlueCoveImpl.java:
1023)
at
com.intel.bluetooth.BlueCoveImpl.getBluetoothStack(BlueCoveImpl.java:
1016)
at
javax.bluetooth.LocalDevice.getLocalDeviceInstance(LocalDevice.java:
77)
at javax.bluetooth.LocalDevice.getLocalDevice(LocalDevice.java:
97)
at bluetoothtest1.Main.main(Main.java:31)

I don't know what is the problem, the libraries are in the right
place. Also, few days earlier i had Debian Sid x86_64 on my computer
(which i changed to Ubuntu) and these projects were running fine on
NetBeans 6.5 RC2. So why can't they work now? I must say it starts to
get pretty annoying. Please help me, i don't want to change the OS
once more :(.

Vlad Skarzhevskyy

Nov 11, 2008, 9:24:47 AM11/11/08
to bluecov...@googlegroups.com
Ubuntu 8.10  has BlueZ 4  You will need to use BlueCove 2.1 compiled on your computer. See related discussions in developers and users groups.
--
Vlad

jguix

May 4, 2009, 9:38:03 AM5/4/09
to bluecove-users
I had that problem and read many threads here. One proposed solution
that didn't work for me was building the sources.

I finally fixed it with these tips:
- make sure you include both bluecove and bluecove-gpl jars in your
classpath
- install package bluetooth-dev which provides libbluetooth.so,
otherwise bluecove will ask for that native library

That worked for me with several ubuntu distributions using BlueZ 4.x.

Regards,
Juangui

D2...@free.fr

May 12, 2009, 6:18:57 AM5/12/09
to bluecove-users
Hi,

I have the same issue than you.
I have a Java Web start application
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/miniatures-passion/D2002/download/SDMU/descriptors/SDMU.jnlp
that is working fine on Windows.
I started to test it in a PC box with latest version of debian and
also on a Sun Virtul Box with ubuntu 8.10.
In both case the application cannot find the native library.
The jnlp library file for using bluecove includes both (see
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/miniatures-passion/D2002/download/SDMU/extensions\Bluecove\2.1.0\lib.jnlp)

JNLP extract:
<resources>
<j2se version="1.6+" />
<jar href="bluecove-2.1.0.jar"/>
</resources>

<resources os='Linux'>
<jar href="bluecove-gpl-2.1.0.jar"/>
</resources>

What is bluetooth-dev ? Where can I get it for different platforms

Regards,
Olivier (D2002)