Bluecove on Mac OS X - java 7

j.s...@tomorrow-options.com

Aug 9, 2013, 7:36:25 AM8/9/13
to bluecove-...@googlegroups.com
As many others, I'm working on a project that relies on bluecove to perform bluetooth communications on a Java app.
The problem is that bluecove is a 32-bit library and Java SE 7 on Mac OS X doesn't support 32-bit JVM.
I've already tried several bluecove SNAPSHOTS provided by bluecove users/contributors but none of them worked properly (RFCOMM related).

I'd like to know if you currently have or are planning to release the bluecove library for 64-bit arch, or if there is any other way we can solve this major issue.

Thanks in advance,
Joana Silva

Dade

Sep 4, 2013, 7:24:27 AM9/4/13
to bluecove-...@googlegroups.com
You have to build the bluecore gpl library for Mac OS X 64-bit arch.
Unzip the archive, open a terminal and build the source code

$ cd bluecove-2.1.0
$ sh build-native-osx.sh # this script needs Xcode!!!!
$ file ./src/main/resources/libbluecove.jnilib
./src/main/resources/libbluecove.jnilib: Mach-O 64-bit dynamically linked shared library x86_64

You find the shared library in bluecove-2.1.0/src/main/resources/libbluecove.jnilib
====> you have to update your java.library.path with the path containing the new shared library !!!!
For example,

java -Djava.library.path=$PWD/bluecove-2.1.0/src/main/resources ....

In attachment, you can find my shared library.
libbluecove.jnilib