More Wiring Diagrams Uploaded to Datsun510.com

derek....@gmail.com

Jul 18, 2021, 11:36:52 AM7/18/21
to Bluebird510
Hi Folks, I just uploaded a whole bunch of new wiring diagrams. Log in at http://datsun510.com and check the downloads section to access.

Thanks, Derek

paolo

Jul 18, 2021, 3:23:37 PM7/18/21
to blueb...@googlegroups.com

Many thanks Derek.

With the software update, I was able to upload my diagrams - I think I got them all straight.?!  We'll see.

To all of you, check'm out here:

https://datsun510.com/index.php?/files/category/38-paolos-diagrams/

Paolo ———

paolo

Jul 20, 2021, 5:33:20 PM7/20/21
to blueb...@googlegroups.com

Seeking the wisdom of others wiser to the nuances of the '68:

I am in the process of boning (parting out) a 1968 sedan.  Other than some body damage, it is in rather nice condition.

What parts - trim, suspension, drive-train, interior, exterior, etc., noted as unique to the 68, would you consider worth preserving?

Paolo ———

Keith Bailey

Jul 20, 2021, 5:38:43 PM7/20/21
to pa...@cedarcomm.com, blueb...@googlegroups.com
..... Front crossmember is/was very desirable.

NOTICE!!!!

All emails will be sent to the author of this message. If you want to send this message to the group simply add this address to the "To" field in your email client blueb...@googlegroups.com .

---

Ethan Marshall

Jul 20, 2021, 5:49:09 PM7/20/21
to k.b...@gmail.com, pa...@cedarcomm.com, blueb...@googlegroups.com
Tail lamp assemblies, grille and headlight surrounds, rear bumper, gage cluster, glove box...just pull the complete dash frame and all.

All have value to the right 68 owner.  The grille is appealing to many owners of later dimes.

Dash pad...not likely intact however.

Just my 68 cents.

Ethan in NC

Sent from my smartphone, please forgive typos.

Jordan B

Jul 20, 2021, 6:01:53 PM7/20/21
to Paolo, Bluebird510
Grille and headlight doors. Rear bumper

Jordan B

nandjm...@bellsouth.net

Jul 20, 2021, 6:57:44 PM7/20/21
to Paolo, Bluebird510

Paolo,

The wiper linkage is also getting difficult to source.

The heater box and controls are unique and would be of interest to a purest.

Nathan

Jul 20, 2021, 7:28:34 PM7/20/21
to blueb...@googlegroups.com

As an aside, I bought a non-running, but complete, '68 in about 1987 for the $23 I had in my pocket.
Parted that sucker out for a lot more than that and got $250 for the nearly pristine complete dash from some guy who drove up from California.  I was thrilled with that.

Imagine what that dash would be worth nowadays?
But they were nothing but scrap in the 80s...

Mike Yarn

Jul 20, 2021, 8:26:15 PM7/20/21
to paolo, Bluebird510
So many one off parts.  The oil pan is baffled and has its own pickup tube. The oil pump drive gear is bronze on the crank and spindle. A matched pair.
One of the wipers blades is sided.
I have an early 68 with a remote start box in the engine bay.
The wiring harness both dash and engine bay.
To the purist the headlight buckets are different.
Dome light If that's what you call the b pillar one. Candleabra ?
Date coded seat belts.
Door mechanism. 68 you can lock the doors by pushing the inner door handle down.
Metal trunk parcel shelf.
I'd hate to be looking for ss window trim
Cardboard glove box
Shall I continue.
Mike

paolo

Jul 20, 2021, 9:38:57 PM7/20/21
to blueb...@googlegroups.com

Thanks to all suggestions so far.  I should have noted it is a 4-dr.  For some reason, I thought 2-drs were not invented till the following year as an after-thought to improve sales.  Have never seen a 68 2-dr.  The 4-drs are superior anyway <g>!

The badges, bumpers, and bling bits (oh my!) are long gone.  This includes grill and metal C-pillar vents.  Like Kelvin did many years ago, I sold, traded, or gave away those 'marginal bits' to fellow Dimers.  Sales were mostly chump change. The interior is basically gutted except for the odd-ball heater box. Wiper system long gone, though I may have one on a shelf somewhere.

Not pertinent, but will share anyway: I once upon a time had a set of perfect '68 dash assemblies with pads, which went to a fellow who bought a pair of 68 wagons from me.  The better wagon had a perfectly clean and functional stock AM radio and speaker that I fondly remember 'firing up' late one night.  I dialed around a bit and found some oldies AM radio station that coincidentally played '68 era songs as I sat in the driver's seat an listened.  Waaaay too nostalgic (think: Don't try this at home).

If anyone is interested in certain 68 bits, let me know.  I have a stash of misc parts, including the cardboard glove-box, wire harnesses, gas tank (w. assoc bits), trunk shelf, misc bezels, locks, etc.

Mike - please continue....

Paolo ———

On 7/20/2021 5:26 PM, Mike Yarn wrote:
So many one off parts.  The oil pan is baffled and has its own pickup tube. The oil pump drive gear is bronze on the crank and spindle. A matched pair.
One of the wipers blades is sided.
I have an early 68 with a remote start box in the engine bay.
The wiring harness both dash and engine bay.
To the purist the headlight buckets are different.
Dome light If that's what you call the b pillar one. Candleabra ?
Date coded seat belts.

-------

------

Paolo,

The wiper linkage is also getting difficult to source.

The heater box and controls are unique and would be of interest to a purest.

Nathan------

Mike Yarn

Jul 20, 2021, 11:35:56 PM7/20/21
to paolo, Bluebird510
Continue I shall,
I remember looking very hard for an ash tray a decade ago.
There is all the dash trimings
I'm sure no one wants the singe speaker box in the pass foot well.
The viynal covered inner black c pillar trims.
The hood hinges are one offs
And the trunk latch is different as well
Front marker lights and valance are a given.
The read door quater window has the nice ss trim. Only fits in a 68 door.
Luckily the door lock pulls and inner door handles and window winders are shared with a 411 so are easier to find.

I'm currently restoring a 68 for a nice family. Luckily it was complete and I have a horde.
Follow me on Facebook if you so inclined. I'm documenting it for them as well as try to show all the 68 only stuff.
Mike Yarn on Facebook,  ask and I will add you to the group. It just so easy to take a few pictures and add a running commentary.
Will be a long haul as I'm averaging a car a year. Only a month in on this one.
Mike

NOTICE!!!!

All emails will be sent to the author of this message. If you want to send this message to the group simply add this address to the "To" field in your email client blueb...@googlegroups.com .

---

Dan Heil

Jul 21, 2021, 3:22:48 PM7/21/21
to Paolo, blueb...@googlegroups.com
Maybe this guy needs some parts??? partially re-done 68 for sale on Facebook marketplace?.

https://www.facebook.com/commerce/listing/801344250551240/?media_id=0&ref=share_attachment

NOTICE!!!!

All emails will be sent to the author of this message. If you want to send this message to the group simply add this address to the "To" field in your email client blueb...@googlegroups.com .

---