Mt. Washington Hill Climb

paolo

Aug 10, 2021, 8:51:38 PM8/10/21
to Bluebirds

FYI, the 'Mt Washington Climb to the Clouds Hillclimb' is this coming weekend and at least one person we know will be there.

Check out the Travis Pastrana record holding drive video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-4j6mPkAYM

This fellow appears to parallel my reflexes and driving abilities, though has better machinery and sponsors.  Oh wait, that may have been a random dream recollection...

Paolo ———

Dave Link

Aug 10, 2021, 9:13:48 PM8/10/21
to pa...@cedarcomm.com, Bluebirds
Just crazy skills, scared me to death watching. Not much room for error on that drive. Hope you are all well.

Best regards, Dave Link
Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 10, 2021, at 5:51 PM, paolo <pa...@cedarcomm.com> wrote:

NOTICE!!!!

All emails will be sent to the author of this message. If you want to send this message to the group simply add this address to the "To" field in your email client blueb...@googlegroups.com .

---

Keith Bailey

Aug 11, 2021, 2:29:23 PM8/11/21
to daveli...@gmail.com, pa...@cedarcomm.com, Bluebirds
... Dave Patton of Dunbarton NH. DID drive over the side of Mount Washington during the Race to the Clouds hill climb one year. He dropped straight down over three stories in his Datsun 510 tube frame race car. IIRC, he credits the cage to saving his life! It took three large tow trucks working all at the same time to extract his car from the scrubby looking tree that he fell into. It takes REAL BALLS made of chromium steel to haul ass up that narrow, steep dirt road. There used to be some YouTube footage of his fall. - it might still be on YouTube.. maybe Dave will pipe in and refresh my memory about what exactly happened. Dave? you reading the BB List?