Driveshaft bolts

Ward Hill Press

Apr 24, 2022, 11:49:24 PM4/24/22
to blueb...@googlegroups.com
Are the outer 1/2 shaft bolts and the drive shaft bolts the same?
part number 39628-E4100. Google tells me it is a half shaft part
number but I can't confirm the same bolts are used on the drive
shaft. 14mm head. My car currently has Grade 7 bolts with a 12mm
head. Nuts are also 12mm, should those also be 14mm?
Thanks,
Steve

Ted Hedman

Apr 25, 2022, 12:16:54 AM4/25/22
to blueb...@googlegroups.com

Steve, you can look up part numbers here:

Datsun 510 Parts Manual (carpartsmanual.com)

Sent from Mail for Windows

NOTICE!!!!

All emails will be sent to the author of this message. If you want to send this message to the group simply add this address to the "To" field in your email client blueb...@googlegroups.com .

---

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bluebird510" group.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bluebird510/0A.BE.03099.34A16626%40smtp02.rcn.email-ash1.sync.lan.

Kelvin Dietz

Apr 25, 2022, 12:22:31 AM4/25/22
to Steve Joseph, Bluebirds Google Grou
12mm on driveshaft.
14mm on halfshaft.

noneofyourbusiness

Apr 25, 2022, 10:10:28 AM4/25/22
to Ward Hill Press, blueb...@googlegroups.com
According to the catalogue the half shaft bolts are PN 39628-E4100.  The drive shaft bolts for sedan are PN 08120-8251E and wagon are PN 01111-00081. They MAY be the same physically but the part numbers are not and they do not supercede to each other.

Gary Savage

Apr 25, 2022, 10:37:04 AM4/25/22
to a73ge...@gmail.com, Ward Hill Press, blueb...@googlegroups.com
The driveline are the small ones.

image0.jpeg

Gary Savage

nandjm...@bellsouth.net

Apr 25, 2022, 10:53:32 AM4/25/22
to blueb...@googlegroups.com

I could be wrong on this but I think the wagon driveshaft bolts are not Hex Bolts.  They have flat round heads (sort of like a rivet) with a flat on one side that fits up against a step on the diff input flange.

Nathan

Ward Hill Press

Apr 25, 2022, 11:12:35 AM4/25/22
to blueb...@googlegroups.com, Gary Savage, kel...@datsuns.com
What confused me is not seeing the 12mm head captured by the 90 degree "notch".
Gary and Kelvin thanks for clearing this up. And thanks for
confirming the bolt grade is 7.
Steve
510 driveshaft bolt installed1.jpg

Kelvin Dietz

Apr 25, 2022, 5:33:48 PM4/25/22
to nandjm...@bellsouth.net, blueb...@googlegroups.com
Not on my wagon.  Hex head on bolts and nuts.
FYI, those are parking brake cables going to the disk brakes.

differential.jpg