Interpart front anti-roll bar colors

paolo

Aug 15, 2021, 8:19:14 PM8/15/21
to Bluebirds

I've found white, red, and black Interpart front anti-roll bars in my fleet.  All with some or part of the original brand label visible.  Did these come in varying grades of stiffness or design and use color to differentiate?

I only have one right readily measurable now so I cannot assess diameters of the various colors.  I'm guessing some were re-painted but left the label exposed.

Paolo ———

Ted Hedman

Aug 15, 2021, 9:14:11 PM8/15/21
to pa...@cedarcomm.com, Bluebirds

Probably repainted. I have a NOS rear Mulhollland/Interpart bar and it has a yellowish (zinc chromate?) finish. Definitely not paint.

-Ted

Sent from Mail for Windows

NOTICE!!!!

All emails will be sent to the author of this message. If you want to send this message to the group simply add this address to the "To" field in your email client blueb...@googlegroups.com .

---

Ted Hedman

Aug 15, 2021, 9:39:33 PM8/15/21
to Bluebirds

Sent from Mail for Windows

510wizard

Aug 16, 2021, 10:23:14 AM8/16/21
to Bluebird510
As Ted mentioned, both of my front and rear bars are yellow Cad.

Kelvin Dietz

Aug 16, 2021, 2:53:09 PM8/16/21
to blueb...@googlegroups.com

The only "grade" would be bar diameter.  I had an Interpart bar at one time but no idea what color it was.

Ted Hedman

Aug 16, 2021, 10:12:39 PM8/16/21
to blueb...@googlegroups.com

FWIW, ‘72 Interpart catalog says they were 15/16” front and ¾” rear, and confirms they were cad plated.

Sent from Mail for Windows

paolo

Aug 17, 2021, 11:47:07 AM8/17/21
to blueb...@googlegroups.com

I guessed diameter was key but I wasn't able to measure diameters of parts no longer in hand.  Bar in hand is red and 15/16" diameter.  Arm length may have varied?  It's easy enough to pull the lower arm forward 1/2 inch for high speed caster setting.

Paolo ———