In Search Of - 13x7 libras

Carter Boad

Aug 20, 2021, 1:04:30 PM8/20/21
to BB List

Local 510 guy looking.

Let me know if you have a set you are willing to sell, thanks.

--carter

Dan Heil

Aug 20, 2021, 1:06:36 PM8/20/21
to Carter Boad, BB List
There have been some on either FB market place or craigslist in the past few months, if I remember correctly. Don't remember exactly where I saw them though.

Use www.searchtempest.com to search craigslist all over the USA.

NOTICE!!!!

All emails will be sent to the author of this message. If you want to send this message to the group simply add this address to the "To" field in your email client blueb...@googlegroups.com .

---

Dan
1987 Yamaha 250SRX
And  510 wagons!

Kelvin Dietz

Aug 20, 2021, 2:39:09 PM8/20/21
to blueb...@googlegroups.com

There's always BRE.  They have them.

Carter Boad

Aug 20, 2021, 2:45:33 PM8/20/21
to kel...@datsuns.com, blueb...@googlegroups.com

You mean the VTO wheels?

Sebastian Hill

Aug 20, 2021, 2:47:07 PM8/20/21
to Kelvin Dietz, Bluebird510
Are you looking for Libre for a flared car?
Are you looking for real Libre or would a knock off work?

I borrowed a set of 13x7 libre (American Racing) wheels from a long time 510er last year but decided against them due to them sticking out on my barn find 510.

If you're interested I can find out if they're still available.

-Sebastian

Carter Boad

Aug 20, 2021, 2:52:22 PM8/20/21
to sahi...@gmail.com, Kelvin Dietz, Bluebird510

Flared.  Real deal.

Please pass on contact info.

Thanks!

--carter

Are you looking for Libre for a flared car?

Thomas Dockery

Aug 21, 2021, 2:36:19 AM8/21/21
to blueb...@googlegroups.com
I have a set of Non ribbed, uni-lug (BC) 13x7 Libres.  Its are to call them Libres but they are American Racing castings.  They "free" to a good Home.

Tom

Aug 21, 2021, 12:10:46 PM8/21/21
to drive...@msn.com, blueb...@googlegroups.com
Can you send me pics Tom?

The guy that is looking for a set is also named Tom if that helps.

--carter

paolo

Aug 21, 2021, 10:33:46 PM8/21/21
to blueb...@googlegroups.com

If a rim is a knock-off or original, shouldn't all that matters be the back-spacing, given same rim diameter and width?

Paolo ———

David Patten

Aug 24, 2021, 12:35:39 PM8/24/21
to 510 List
The VTO Retro 4 wheels (Libre-ish styling) can be bought in a 13x7 with custom offsets from 0 to +16.

My stock body 510 that I hillclimb was just fitted with a set, 13x7 +16 with 205/60-13 Toyo R888R tires. I ended up using a 5/16" spacers on the rear (+8 adjusted offset) and (2) 1/8" on the front (+10 adjusted offset). Basically, a 205/60-13 on a 13x7 +10 offset should fit well on most cars. Fender lips may require rolling depending on alignment/suspension settings and amount of drop.

My car uses shortened 510 struts/hubs, 2.5" ID springs w/coil-over sleeves. I'm running roughly -3 degrees camber. The spring perches are positioned above the tire. The camber plates are maxed inboard. It also has FutoFab adjustable LCA/TC Rods. Ride height is not ultra slammed, I'm guessing 2" to 3" lower than stock.

Specs on the Toyo R888R:
22.7" diameter
8.2" section width*
7.3" tread width

*measurements were made on a 6" wide rim. The 7" rim I use will primarily impact the section width.

Dave Patten, Owner

FutoFab, LLC (VTO Dealer)
199 Stark Hwy So
Dunbarton, NH 03046-4411

Telephone - (603) 774-6964
Facebook - FutoFab LLC

Aug 24, 2021, 1:51:34 PM8/24/21
to Bluebird510

Dave, thanks for the info. I was not aware of the custom offsets available for the 13x7s.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bluebird510/1284276896.24971587.1629822914143.JavaMail.zimbra%40gsinet.net.

Ted Hedman

Aug 25, 2021, 1:43:58 PM8/25/21
to fut...@gsinet.net, Bluebird510

Zero offset 13x7 Libres could barely fit in back with old school 205/60s on lowered cars that have no camber correction. Throw on some modern (fatter!) R-comp 205/60s and dial out most of the negative camber and no way Jose on unflared fenders. I know,  no news there, but I don't think even +16 would be enough offset at 1-1.5deg negative camber. My car with rolled fender lips and -1.5 deg just barely fits my 205/50 15x7s at +22 offset. They are the same diameter as 205/60-13. Though 15" tires (mine are Falken RT-615k) might be squarer than 13s, I'd be surprised if they are as wide where it matters as most R-comps these days. The old Toyo RA1s ran narrower and would be my choice for 13x7 VTO Libres for street. A less aggressive choice would be the Vredestein Sprints, or splurge on the Pirelli CN36s. None are inexpensive these days.

Ted Hedman

Aug 25, 2021, 3:39:50 PM8/25/21
to Bluebird510

A couple of corrections/additional info on my 205/50-15 Falken 615k tire and 15” wheel dimensions for comparison purposes:

Overall diam: 23.2 (so 0.5” larger than the R888R Dave is using)

Section width on 6.5” wheel: 8.2” (same as R888R on 6” wheel)

Tread Width on 6.5” wheel: 7.2 (0.1” narrower than R888R on 6” wheel)

My 15” wheel offset is +21mm, not +22.

I conclude that on 7” wheels, the 13” R888R will be slightly fatter in section than my current 15” combo, but will probably wear that extra girth closer to the axle, and they will definitely have a wider tread width.

Looks like Toyo may have finally stopped making the RA1s. Bummer.

Sent from Mail for Windows