Saturday and Sunday game

Alex Kim

Apr 9, 2021, 9:47:23 AM4/9/21
to Blueberry Hill Ultimate Frisbee (Derwood/Gaithersburg), Fernwood Ultimate
Fellow Frisbee Enthusiasts!

Dan Laufer has kindly reserved Welsh Park for Ultimate tomorrow at 9am until noon.

GIven the forecast for Sunday, I propose we play tomorrow morning and tentatively plan to play again Sunday at 9am at Blueberry Hill. If the upper Blueberry field is taken we'll play on the lower baseball field. We'll observe the weather early Sunday morning and make a call if we get steady rain.

Saturday 9am - Welsh Park
Sunday 9am - Blueberry Hill Park

Final note: Thank you all for continuing to wear the face coverings. We ask to keep it up until the county lifts the mask rules on sports or when CDC officially says vaccinated people don't transmit covid.

Alex

Nicholas Jan

Apr 9, 2021, 7:43:04 PM4/9/21
to Blueberry Hill Ultimate Frisbee (Derwood/Gaithersburg), Fernwood Ultimate, Alex Kim
Gabe and I are down for tomorrow at 9am. Kris will get there around 10am

Marc Sorini

Apr 9, 2021, 7:44:41 PM4/9/21
to Nicholas Jan, Alex Kim, Blueberry Hill Ultimate Frisbee (Derwood/Gaithersburg), Fernwood Ultimate

Alex Kim

Apr 11, 2021, 7:08:41 AM4/11/21
to Blueberry Hill Ultimate Frisbee (Derwood/Gaithersburg), Fernwood Ultimate
Weather held up. Game on for today!

Alex Kim

Apr 11, 2021, 11:00:37 AM4/11/21
to SAM CHIM, Blueberry Hill Ultimate Frisbee (Derwood/Gaithersburg), Fernwood Ultimate
Sam, that's unfortunately not true. The CDC recommends you continue to wear a mask around large groups of people.

Vaccinated people can take their masks off indoors only around one household where everyone is vaccinated or are at low risk of severe covid infection.

Here's the source:

The CDC will eventually determine that vaccinated individuals cannot transmit the virus to others. Once we get the news, then I believe players with the vaccine can play without masks.

I think we're real close. Please endure a little longer. Cases are rising again so we must stay vigilant.

Thanks,
Alex

On Sun, Apr 11, 2021, 10:43 AM SAM CHIM <bankabl...@gmail.com> wrote:
I believed the CDC said after you are vaccinated, you no longer need to wear a mask.

Bankable Realty LLC Full Service Real Estate & Property Management Company

John Vetrano

Apr 11, 2021, 11:23:17 AM4/11/21
to Alex Kim, SAM CHIM, Blueberry Hill Ultimate Frisbee (Derwood/Gaithersburg), Fernwood Ultimate
And keep in mind that through we think about distancing, when the disc is in the air we tend to not pay attention to keeping six feet!  Or one foot!  To me it just seems reasonable for the time being.  It’s not that bad wearing a mask anyway!  When cases are very low and it appears we have reached herd immunity then we can relax.

Cheers,
JV

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 11, 2021, at 11:00 AM, Alex Kim <alex.you...@gmail.com> wrote:

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Blueberry Hill Ultimate Frisbee (Derwood/Gaithersburg/Rockville)" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/blueberryhillultimatefrisbee/CAMxPgmLQU3k-b3b2iy%2B%3Dy_MrhCHfbDE5ePZZSh1BDQH5be4tvg%40mail.gmail.com.

Ben Grimley

Apr 11, 2021, 8:40:15 PM4/11/21
to John Vetrano, Alex Kim, SAM CHIM, Blueberry Hill Ultimate Frisbee (Derwood/Gaithersburg), Fernwood Ultimate
Good points, JV. It's still a reasonable precaution and hopefully we'll see the other side of this soon! Also, we play on public property so we try to be law-abiding folk and follow county rules -- a small price to pay for a good game in good company 😉
- Ben