Party Tomorrow

Marc Sorini

Jul 9, 2021, 2:24:37 PM7/9/21
to Blueberry Hill Ultimate Frisbee (Derwood/Gaithersburg), Fernwood Ultimate
Dear Discers,

I hope to enjoy a bite and a cold one with you tomorrow afternoon, starting at 1:00 PM at Woodley Gardens Park in Rockville.  You can also say your goodbye's to Maya, who moves to New Jersey on Sunday.  A few details about the party:
  1. The weather forecast looks perfect.
  2. I hope we can get a game going, although I understand that many of you may be tired from playing the Blueberry and/or Rockville games in the morning.  Woodley Gardens Park does not give out permits, but if anyone wants to arrive early (I'll be there starting at c. 11:00 AM to set up) the fields are on a "first come, first serve" basis.
  3. Families welcome, including kids.
  4. We'll have basic grillin' fare (burgers & dogs), plus a vegan option (impossible burgers).  Sides, salads, and deserts are on a pot luck basis, but please do not feel obligated to bring anything.  I've done my best to ensure enough food.
  5. We have pulled an alcohol permit so beer will be available for responsible (and moderate) enjoyment, along with soft drinks, n/a beer, and juice boxes for the kiddies.
The Woodley pavilion is next to a playground and there is a nearby stream to explore.  So bring the kids - they should have fun.  Carmen's Italian Ice is right across the street for a cooling treat.

Looking forward to celebrating summer with you.

Alex Kim

Jul 9, 2021, 2:58:02 PM7/9/21
to Marc Sorini, Blueberry Hill Ultimate Frisbee (Derwood/Gaithersburg), Fernwood Ultimate
Thanks Marc. Looking forward to coming out for a bit.

I have frisbee based lawn game equipment and beer of course for responsible consumption.