Blue Wind Botanical Medicine Clinic & Education Center's 2013 Winter/Spring Class Schedule...at long last!

Tellur Fenner

Jan 17, 2013, 12:03:02 AM1/17/13
to Blue Wind Botanical Medicine Clinic's Mailing List
Hello and Happy New Year fellow herb/nature lovers!!!

I apologize for the extended delay on posting my 2013 winter class
series...things have been insanely busy (in a good way) as you will
soon see below. Classes begin on January 26, so there is still time to
pre-register (fyi, some classes offer a pre-registration discount) if
you are interested in doing so. Part of the reason life has been so
hectic lately is because I am just now 1/4 way through my BRAND NEW 12
month (240 hour) "Edible & Medicinal Plants of California: A
Bioregional Exploration" program offered in partnership with the
Regenerative Design Institute. The program is going quite well, is
filled to capacity, and will be offered again later this fall
(starting in October). Just a heads up: the program sold out (with a
waiting list) in its first year and is likely to fill up once again in
2013, so make sure to register early. Due to numerous requests, RDI
and Blue Wind have ALSO decided to offer a more abbreviated and
localized version of the aforementioned program and have named it:
"Edible & Medicinal Plants of the Bay Area: 6 Month Classroom & Field
Intensive". The class will be similar in content, but with its hours
(and cost) reduced by about half (85 class hours). See details below.
Additionally, in 2013 I'll be continuing my class partnerships with:
the American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine in San Francisco,
the Ecology Center in Berkeley, Pepperwood Preserve in Sonoma County,
along with a number of other venues too numerous to list. Those
looking for less of a time/money commitment will be happy to know that
I plan to continue offering my regular, short-term, independent course
as well, such as: the seasonal herb walk series, hands-on medicine
making workshops, and extended field trips to various bioregions
around the state.

I've listed my complete winter (and partial spring) schedule below in
two formats: Abbreviated and Full description. They are organized
applicable, I've also included links to various websites that contain
even more information about the upcoming classes/programs. Upon
reviewing the schedule you'll notice I'll be offering a number of FREE
talks and classes in the months ahead. I specifically planned these
events to occur in the East, West, and North Bay regions in order to
make it easier for prospective students in those areas to attend. If
you are thinking of committing yourself to a longer more expensive
program but aren't quite sure if I'm the teacher for you...do your
best to make it to one of those events so that you can meet me and get
a feel for my teaching style. Despite the large volume of classes
below, this is only a PARTIAL list of my winter/spring events. I'll
also be offering classes for Bastyr University in Kenmore, WA, Esalen
Institute in Big Sur, various venues in the Santa Cruz, CA area, Sloat
Garden Center in San Francisco, Annie's Annuals in Richmond, CA, San
Francisco Garden Club, etc. I'll be posting info links and other
details prior to each of these events on my facebook business page
found here: Blue Wind Botanical Medicine Clinic & Education Center
I'll also be adding even more "official" spring/summer events to my
schedule in the weeks ahead so stay tuned....

Hope to see you at a class sometime soon!

Take good care,

Tellur Fenner

Abbreviated Winter/Spring Class Summary with Titles and Dates:

EDIBLE & MEDICINAL PLANTS OF THE BAY AREA: A BIOREGIONAL EXPLORATION
Seasonal Herb Walk Series ~ Classes held rain or shine!
Jan 26, Feb 10, 16, 23, March 10. 10am-4pm. $40 per walk
Pre-register for the whole season (30 class hours) for the series
discount - $180

HERBAL TINCTURE MAKING: ADVANCED METHODS
Jan 27 (Sun). 10am-6pm. Oakland, CA. $80 (includes materials fee)

TCM PLANTS OF THE BAY AREA: A Western Perspective
American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Sponsored Event
Jan 30 (Wed). 12:15pm-1:15pm. San Francisco, CA. FREE!

FREE HERB WALK: Tilden Regional Parks Botanic Garden
Feb 9 (Sat). 2:30pm-4:30pm. Berkeley, CA. FREE!

EDIBLE & MEDICINAL "WEEDS" OF THE BAY AREA
Ecology Center Sponsored Class
Feb 17 (Sun). 10am-4pm. Berkeley, CA. $40/public. $35/members

HERBAL TINCTURE MAKING: with Traditional Chinese Medicine Herbs
American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Sponsored Class
Feb 22 (Fri). 9am-5pm. San Francisco, CA. $60 (includes materials fee)

FREE HERB WALK: Marin County/Point Reyes National Seashore
Regenerative Design Institute Sponsored Class
Feb 24 (Sun). 2pm-5pm. Bolinas, CA. FREE!
Information link: http://regenerativedesign.org/courses-events/free-herb-walk

TCM PLANTS OF THE BAY AREA: A Botanical Field Exploration
American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Sponsored Class
March 8 (Fri). 10am-4pm. San Francisco, CA. $40

EDIBLE & MEDICINAL PLANTS OF CALIFORNIA
March 9 (Sat). 10am-5pm. Oakland, CA. $50

MEDICINAL BOTANY: Marin County Spring Class Series
Regenerative Design Institute Sponsored Class
March 17, April 7, 14. 10am-5pm. Bolinas, CA.
$210 (pre-registration before 3/15) $240 (after 3/15)
Information link: http://www.regenerativedesign.org/medicinal-botany

EDIBLE & MEDICINAL PLANTS OF THE MOJAVE DESERT:
A Spring Bloom Field Exploration
April 19-22 (Fri-Mon). Near Baker, CA.
$240 (pre-registration before 3/25) $275 (after 3/25)
Partial attendance possible.

EDIBLE & MEDICINAL PLANTS OF THE BAY AREA: 6 Month Field & Classroom
Intensive
85 Hour Foundational Program
Regenerative Design Institute Sponsored Course
April 27--September 15 (One weekend per month for 6 months). Bolinas,
CA.
$975 (pre-registration before 3/29) $1150 (after 3/29). Class fee
includes camping and materials costs.

EDIBLE & MEDICINAL PLANTS OF SAN LUIS OBISPO COUNTY:
Weekend Campout and Field Exploration
May 17-19 (Fri evening-Sun). Near San Luis Obispo, CA.
$120 (pre-registration before 4/19) $150 (after 4/19). Cost does NOT
include a $5-10 camping fee.

EDIBLE & MEDICINAL PLANTS OF CALIFORNIA: A Bioregional Exploration
12 Month Classroom and Field Study Intensive
235 Hour Foundational Program
Regenerative Design Institute Sponsored Course
October 4, 2013--August 24, 2014 (One weekend per month for 12
months). Bolinas, CA.
$2300 (pre-registration before 8/24) $2550 (after 8/24). Class fee
includes camping and materials costs.
Information link: http://www.regenerativedesign.org/edible-medicinal-plants-ca

Full Class Descriptions:

EDIBLE & MEDICINAL PLANTS OF THE BAY AREA: A Bioregional Exploration

(Seasonal Herb Walk Series)

From the mist shrouded sea cliffs to the sun-baked arid expanse of its
eastern most regions, the San Francisco Bay area provides us with a
chance to view a large variety of botanical specimens all within a
relatively small geographical range. Join us as we discover together
the diverse array of both edible and medicinal plants found growing
within these contrasting yet closely interconnected micro-climates.
Historical and modern medicinal applications will be covered along
with any edible and/or utilitarian potential. Tips on basic plant
identification will be offered, with an emphasis on how to
differentiate poisonous look-alike plants from their beneficial
counterparts. Plant family characteristics will be discussed as well.

-WINTER SESSION-

Sibley Volcanic Regional Preserve (Oakland, CA). Saturday, Jan 26.
10am-4pm. $40

San Francisco Presidio. Sunday, Feb 10. 10am-4pm. $40

Edgewood Natural Preserve (near Redwood City, CA). Saturday, Feb 16.
10am-4pm. $40

Pescadero Marsh Natural Preserve (Pescadero, CA). Saturday, Feb 23.
10am-4pm. $40

Samuel P. Taylor State Park (near Fairfax, CA). Sunday, March 10.
10am-4pm. $40

Pre-register for the whole season (30 class hours) for the series
discount - $180

Instructor: Tellur Fenner

Make sure to bring: Water, lunch, notebook, hat/sunscreen, rain gear,
and a camera.

All walks will occur RAIN OR SHINE! :)

Registration: Email (preferred): bluew...@gmail.com
Phone: 510-428-1810

Interested but don't have a car? Inquire about carpooling options.

HERBAL TINCTURE MAKING: Advanced Methods

Herbal tinctures (alcohol extracts) are a convenient and efficient way
to prepare, formulate, and administer botanical medicines. Tincture
making is both an art and a science, with a wide variety of techniques
involved in the process. Come join us as we explore many of these
methods while using a number of different medicinal plants and fungi.
Topics to be covered include: fresh plant tincturing, dry plant
maceration, dry plant percolation, fluid extracts, glycerites,
liniments, acetums, and hydro-alcohol double extractions. This is an
interactive hands-on class so come ready to get your hands dirty while
having a lot of fun! Each student will leave with a medicine that s/he
helped prepare.

Date/Time: Sunday, January 27. 10am-6pm.

Location: Blue Wind Botanical Medicine Clinic & Education Center.
Oakland, CA.

Instructor: Tellur Fenner

Fee: $80 (Includes materials fee)

To Bring: Notebook, camera, water, lunch.

Registration: Email (preferred): bluew...@gmail.com
Phone: 510-428-1810

TCM PLANTS OF THE BAY AREA: A Western Perspective (Free Lecture)

American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Sponsored Event

Many are surprised to learn that a large number of TCM plants can be
found growing in and around the San Francisco Bay Area either as
natives, non-native “weeds”, or as decorative ornamentals. In
addition, many closely related analogue species are found in our area
as well. Sharing a similar taxonomical ranking and chemistry, these
analogues sometimes even parallel their TCM counterparts in their uses
in Native American and Western herbal medicine traditions. During this
introductory talk Tellur Fenner will discuss a number of these unique
medicinals, including: Western Peony, Ginkgo, Oshala, Mugwort,
Angelica, Wild Licorice, Hawthorn, Fennel, Mimosa, and others. Live
plant samples and herbal extract tastings will also be included as
part of this interactive presentation.

Instructor: Tellur Fenner (Blue Wind Botanical Medicine Clinic &
Education Center. Oakland, CA) regularly offers ACTCM elective courses
that explore TCM plants from a western perspective. His classes
generally have an emphasis on outdoor field exploration/plant ID as
well as hands-on plant processing and medicine making techniques.

Date/Time: Wed, Jan. 30. 12:15pm-1:15pm

Location: ACTCM. San Francisco, CA.

Link: http://www.actcm.edu/events_detail.php?topmenu=8&root=8&id=541&eventsid=153

Cost: FREE!

FREE EAST BAY HERB WALK! (Tilden Regional Park Botanic Garden)

California is home to a diverse array of native edible & medicinal
plants long valued for their nutritional/therapeutic effects. In this
field class we will explore many of the more common (and lesser known)
edible/medicinal plants found growing around the state, with a focus
on historical as well as modern use. For those who don't know, Tilden
Regional Park Botanic Garden is dedicated SOLELY to the cultivation
and preservation of native California plants, is open year-round, AND
offers all of this to the public for free (no admission charge).
Topics to be covered on our walk through the garden include: field
botany/plant I.D, plant family characteristics, ethical harvesting/
processing/preparation methods, edible/medicinal/utilitarian uses,
regional ethnobotany, botanical safety issues (plus tips on how to
avoid poisonous look-a-like plants), California natural history,
sampling of a variety of edible/medicinal plant extracts, and more!
Our study will emphasize a dynamic sensory awareness of the plants via
close observation, touching, tasting, and smelling.

Obviously, no plants will be picked from the garden during class.
Instead, the instructor will share a variety of extracts that were
prepared with plants harvested legally and ethically from California
wildlands.

Instructor: Tellur Fenner

Date: Saturday, Feb 9. 2:30pm-4:30pm.

Location: Berkeley, CA.

Cost: FREE!

EDIBLE & MEDICINAL "WEEDS" OF THE BAY AREA

An Ecology Center Sponsored Event

Non-native invasive plant species are the bane to many gardeners,
landscapers, and other such plant enthusiasts...but not to those who
know better! In fact, many so called “weeds” are actually quite useful
as either wild foods or medicines. Because they thrive on disturbed
soils, these plants abound in areas of high population density and can
be found in great abundance in and around the cities of the San
Francisco Bay Area. Due to their damaging effects on native plant
habitats, their harvest and use makes practical sense and should
always be encouraged over the use of our own native species. In this
way, we help to restore and preserve our native plant communities at
the same time as restoring and preserving our own health! Come join us
as we learn how to better utilize these vilified urban renegades that
are so often needlessly wasted. This class includes a lecture/
slideshow, a large selection of live plant samples, edible/medicinal
plant tasting, and botanical I.D lessons.

Instructor: Tellur Fenner

Make sure to bring: Water, lunch, notebook, and a camera.

Date: Sunday, Feb. 17. 10am-4pm.

Location: Ecology Center, 2530 San Pablo Ave, near Dwight Way,
Berkeley.

Cost: $40 general, $35 EC members.

Info: 510-548-2220 x239, regi...@ecologycenter.org

Link: http://www.ecologycenter.org/calendar/event.php?eventID=40605

Wheelchair accessible.

HERBAL TINCTURE MAKING with TCM HERBS: Advanced Methods

American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Sponsored Class

Herbal tinctures (alcohol extracts) are a convenient and efficient way
to prepare, formulate, and administer botanical medicines. Tincture
making is both an art and a science, with a wide variety of techniques
involved in the process. Come join us as we explore many of these
methods while using a number of different Traditional Chinese Medicine
plants and fungi. Topics to be covered include: dry plant percolation,
fluid extracts, glycerites, liniments, acetums, and hydro-alcohol
double extractions. This is an interactive hands-on class so come
ready to get your hands dirty while having a lot of fun! Each student
will leave with a medicine that s/he helped prepare.

Date/Time: Friday, Feb 22. 9am-5pm.

Instructor: Tellur Fenner

Location: American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
San Francisco, CA

Class Fee: $60 (includes materials fee)

Event Link:

http://www.actcm.edu/events_detail.php?topmenu=8&root=8&id=541&eventsid=122

Registration: Email: LeeS...@actcm.edu Phone: 415-282-7600, x16

FREE MARIN COUNTY HERB WALK! at the Regenerative Design Institute

California is home to a diverse array of edible & medicinal plants
long valued for their nutritional/therapeutic effects. In this field
class we will explore many of the more common (and lesser known)
edible/medicinal plants found growing in the Central Coast region,
with a focus on historical as well as modern use. Topics to be covered
on our walk include: field botany/plant I.D, plant family
characteristics, ethical harvesting/processing/preparation methods,
edible/medicinal/utilitarian uses, regional ethnobotany, botanical
safety issues (plus tips on how to avoid poisonous look-a-like
plants), California natural history, sampling of a variety of edible/
medicinal plants, and more! Our study will emphasize a dynamic sensory
awareness of the plants via close observation, touching, tasting, and
smelling.

Instructor: Tellur Fenner

Location: RDI (Bolinas, CA)

Date: Sunday, Feb 24. 2pm-5pm.

Cost: FREE!

Registration link: http://regenerativedesign.org/courses-events/free-herb-walk

TCM PLANTS OF THE BAY AREA: A Botanical Field Exploration

With literally thousands of botanicals listed in its materia medica,
Traditional Chinese Medicine boasts one of the most impressive
medicinal plant inventories on the planet. Many are surprised to learn
that a large number of these specimens can be found growing in and
around the San Francisco Bay Area either as natives, non-native
“weeds”, or as decorative ornamental plants. In addition, many closely
related analogue species are found in our area as well. Sharing a
similar chemistry, these analogues sometimes even parallel their TCM
counterparts in their uses in Native American and Western herbal
medicine traditions. Join us as we merge both eastern and western
worlds in our exploration of this little known Bay Area plant
population. We'll spend the day hiking along the trails of the San
Francisco Botanical Garden while observing, smelling, touching,
tasting, and discussing a number of useful medicinals found growing
there. Topics to be covered include: field botany/plant I.D lessons,
instruction on plant family characteristics (appearance and basic
chemical traits), sustainable harvesting/processing techniques,
western herbal medicine making techniques, tips on how to identify and
avoid toxic/poisonous look-a-like plants, safety issues, and western
perspectives on indications and clinical use.

Instructor: Tellur Fenner

Date: Friday, March 8th, 10am-4pm

Registration and payment of $40 due by Friday, March 1st to
lees...@actcm.edu.

Location: San Francisco Botanical Garden.

Event link: http://www.actcm.edu/events_detail.php?topmenu=8&root=8&id=541&eventsid=148

Make sure to bring: Water, lunch, hat/sunscreen, notebook, and a
camera.

EDIBLE & MEDICINAL PLANTS OF CALIFORNIA

California is home to a diverse array of edible & medicinal plants
long valued for their nutritional/therapeutic effects. During this
lively and interactive lecture we will explore many of the more common
(and lesser known) edible/medicinal plants found growing throughout
California, with a focus on historical as well as modern use. Topics
to be covered include: plant I.D, plant family characteristics,
ethical harvesting/processing/preparation methods, edible/medicinal/
utilitarian uses, regional ethnobotany, botanical safety issues (plus
tips on how to avoid poisonous look-a-like plants), California natural
history, sampling of a variety of edible/medicinal plants, and more!

Date: Saturday, March 9. 10am-5pm.

Class Fee: $50

Location: Blue Wind Botanical Medicine Clinic & Education Center.
Oakland, CA

Make sure to bring: a notebook, camera, water bottle, and lunch.

MEDICINAL BOTANY: Marin County Spring Class Series

Situated just a few miles north of downtown San Francisco across the
Golden Gate, Marin County encompasses the largest and most diverse
tract of contiguous wilderness to be found in such close proximity to
the cities of the Bay Area. The botanical diversity of the region is
owed to its varied landscapes, including: coastal bluffs, chaparral,
dunes, deep forests of Douglas-fir and Bishop pines, grasslands, both
fresh water and salt water marshes...to name just a few. Join us in
this 3-part class series as we explore a number of these habitats
while learning about the many amazing and useful plants which grow
there. This interdisciplinary program will engage students on all
levels through a combination of classroom lecture, field exploration,
and a variety of hands-on exercises. Topics/activities to be covered
include: botany basics taught from a plant family perspective
(including microscope sessions), plant identification in the field,
medicinal/edible/utilitarian uses, California ethnobotany, ethical
harvesting guidelines and information about at-risk medicinal plants,
safety issues and tips on how to avoid toxic/poisonous plants,
medicine making techniques and activities, sampling of a variety of
edible/medicinal plant preparations, and more!

Session I (Sat. April 6): Botany Skills for the Edible/Medicinal Plant
Enthusiast

-During this interactive lecture/slideshow/workshop we will explore
the science of botany while learning the fundamental methods necessary
to accurately and confidently ID a variety of local plants.

Session II (Sun. April 7): Wildcrafting and Plant Prepartion Methods

-In order to put theory into practice, we'll spend the day hiking
through a number of different plant habitats while identifying and
discussing many of the useful plants found along the way. Our study
will emphasize a dynamic sensory awareness of the plants via close
observation, touching, tasting, and smelling.

Session III (Sun. April 14): Marin County Bioregional Field
Exploration

-Our program culminates with a day spent learning the principles of
plant harvesting, processing, and botanical pharmacy work. After a
short lecture/slideshow, students will harvest a number of useful
medicinals from Commonweal Garden and environs. The remainder of our
time will be spent preparing a number of different herbal products
with our bountiful harvest.

Instructor: Tellur Fenner

Location: Regenerative Design Institute. Bolinas, CA

Class Fee:

$210 Early bird discount, registered & paid 4 weeks prior to class
(includes materials fees)
$240 per person for the 3-part series, after the early bird deadline
(includes materials fees)

Website/Online Registration:
http://www.regenerativedesign.org/medicinal-botany

Phone: 415-868-9681

EDIBLE & MEDICINAL PLANTS OF THE MOJAVE DESERT: A Spring Bloom Field
Exploration

Wedged between the Great Basin Desert to the north and the Sonoran
Desert to the south, the Mohave Desert is a land of eerie and desolate
enchantment. Its scorching negative elevation valleys and 11,000'+
snow capped peaks stand in stark contrast with one another, and
provide habitat for an astounding 2,600 plant species. More
importantly, one quarter of these species are endemic to the Mohave
region (meaning they are found nowhere else on earth!). The bioregion
hosts a great diversity of plant communities, including: salt bush
scrub, creosote bush scrub, sagebrush scrub, joshua tree woodland,
pinyon-juniper woodland, and even desert marshland and riparian
corridors. Some of the plants we're likely to encounter on our daily
treks include: Yerba Manza, American Licorice, Stream Orchid, Prince's
Plume, Honey Mesquite, Desert Willow, Southwestern Verbena, Indian
Tobacco, Banana Yucca and many other notable edibles/medicinals. We’ll
spend our days hiking and botanizing while reserving evenings for
interactive hands-on workshops, relaxing with friends, not to mention
camping under a blanket of stars. Keep in mind that natural hot
springs will be worked into the curriculum as well! This full
immersion field outing should prove to be insightful and rewarding for
anyone interested in knowing more about the unique flora of the
region.

Topics to be covered/hands-on activities include:

•field botany/plant ID lessons
•study of plant family characteristics (appearance and basic chemical
traits)
•herbal medicine making activities
•coverage of edible, medicinal, and utilitarian uses
•ethical harvesting guidelines and information about at-risk medicinal
plants
•tips on how to identify and avoid poisonous plants
•botanical safety issues
•natural history of the CA deserts
•microscope sessions (for up-close plant observation)
•sampling of a large variety of edible/medicinal plants
•regional ethnobotany

Dates: April 19-22. Partial attendance possible.

Meet-up/Departure Time:

We will meet at a designated camping area between 5pm-7pm on Thursday,
April 18th. Class ends at 5pm on Monday, April 22.

Location: Near Baker, CA.

Instructor: Tellur Fenner

Class Fee: Pre-registration discount- $240/ entire session. $180/ 3
days. $120/ 2 days (expires March 25th). After March 25th: $275/
entire session. $205/ 3 days. $135/ 2 days.

Registration: Email (preferred): bluew...@gmail.com Phone:
510-428-1810

Interested, but don’t have a car? Inquire about carpooling options.

To Bring:

Since this is a car-camping trip, no serious backpacking gear is
necessary. Things that are necessary are: Tent, Sleeping Bag, Rain
Gear, Clothes (for hot/cold weather) , Hiking Boots, Hat/Sunscreen,
Daypack, Food/Snacks (class fee does not include meals), Camp Stove,
Camping Chair, Camping Pad, Swimming Suit (for hot springs),
Flashlight, Water Bottles, Firewood, and most importantly...a sense of
adventure!

Optional (yet recommended): Notebook, Camera, Hand lens.

Recommended (but not required) Texts:

Medicinal Plants of the Mountain West by Michael Moore
Medicinal Plants of the Desert and Canyon West by Michael Moore
Native Plants of Southern Nevada: An Ethnobotany by Rhode
The Jepson Desert Manual by Baldwin
Flora of the Northern Mojave Desert, CA by DeDecker
Mohave Desert Wildflowers by MacKay
Botany in a Day by Thomas Elpel
California Plant Families by Glenn Keator
Poisonous Plants of California by Fuller and McClintock

EDIBLE & MEDICINAL PLANTS OF SAN LUIS OBISPO COUNTY (Weekend Campout
and Field Exploration)

Traveling from Morro Bay on the Pacific Coast eastward to the top of
Caliente Mountain (at 5106’) in the Southern Coast Ranges, one can
witness a stunning array of botanical specimens growing in a wide
variety of different plant habitats. Join us on this weekend intensive
as we travel between coastline and mountaintop while learning about
the rich flora encountered along the way. We will spend the morning
and early afternoons hiking and botanizing, while engaging in a number
of different class activities later in the day back at camp. Topics to
be covered include: field botany/ID, plant family characteristics,
medicinal/edible/utilitarian uses, regional ethnobotany, medicine
making techniques, ethical harvesting practices, natural history,
safety issues and tips on how to avoid toxic/poisonous plants,
microscope sessions for closely observing plant features, sampling of
a variety of edible/medicinal plant preparations, and more! Activities
after class will include: campfire conversation, relaxing with
friends, not to mention camping under a blanket of stars. This full
immersion field outing should prove to be insightful and rewarding for
anyone interested in knowing more about the unique flora of the
region.

Dates: May 17-19 (Fri-Sun)

Fee: $120 (pre-registration before 4/19) $150 (after 4/19). Cost does
NOT include a $5 to $10 camping fee.

Location: near San Luis Obispo, CA

Instructor: Tellur Fenner

Registration: email Sarah at: sepfo...@mac.com
(Pre-registration required)

Meet-up/Departure Time:

We will meet up between 6pm and 9pm on Friday night at our base-camp
on the coast. If you cannot make it out Friday night, plan to arrive
in camp by 8:30am Saturday morning. Class ends at 6pm on Sunday.

Directions: Will be emailed to you upon registration.

To Bring:
Since this is a car-camping trip, no serious backpacking gear is
necessary. Things that are necessary are: Tent, Sleeping Bag, Rain
Gear, Warm Clothes, Bathing Suit, Hiking Boots, Hat/Sunscreen,
Daypack, Food/Snacks (class fee does not include meals), Camp Stove,
Camping Chair, Tube/Raft (for river float), Camping Pad, Flashlight,
Water Bottles, Firewood, and most importantly...a sense of adventure!

Optional (yet recommended): Notebook, Camera, Hand Lens, and Alcohol/
Oil/Jars/Pruners (for any potential medicine making activities).

Recommended (but not required) Texts:

The Vascular Plants of San Luis Obispo County, CA by Hoover
Medicinal Plants of the Pacific West by Michael Moore