ANN: C-Blosc2 2.0.2 released!

Francesc Alted

Jul 10, 2021, 8:20:03 AM7/10/21
to Blosc
# Announcing C-Blosc2 2.0.2
A fast, compressed and persistent data store library for C.

## What is new?

On behalf of the Blosc team, we are happy to announce the
2.0.2 release of C-Blosc2. This is a maintenance release for
fixing several bugs and improving documentation.

There are a *lot* of new features in C-Blosc2 compared with C-Blosc, its predecessor.
where we list the main improvements, with some historical overview too.

C-Blosc2 should be backward compatible with C-Blosc, so you can start using it
right away and increasingly start to use its new functionality, like the new filters,
prefilters, super-chunks and frames.  See docs in: https://blosc2.readthedocs.io

For more info, please see the release notes in:

Also, there is blog post introducing the most relevant changes in Blosc2:

## What is it?

Blosc2 is a high performance data container optimized for binary data.  It builds on the shoulders of Blosc, the high performance meta-compressor (https://github.com/c-blosc).

Blosc2 expands the capabilities of Blosc by providing a higher lever container that is able to store many chunks on it (hence the super-block name).  It supports storing data on both memory and disk using the same API.  Also, it adds more compressors and filters.

## Download sources

The github repository is over here:

Blosc is distributed using the BSD license, see LICENSES/BLOSC2.txt
for details.

## Mailing list

There is an official Blosc mailing list at:

## Tweeter feed

Please follow @Blosc2 to get informed about the latest developments.

Enjoy Data!
- The Blosc Development Team