Picnic in the Park II - 8/18 - Celebrate International Geocaching Day

Jessica Falkenthal

Aug 8, 2012, 4:36:04 PM8/8/12
to Bloomington Geocachers
I'd love to see you and your family at our fun picnic event this month!

Party in the Park II - Celebrate International Geocaching Day
Saturday, August 18th at RCA Park from 12pm-3pm
This is a great opportunity to meet new and more seasoned geocachers from around Indiana, get some tips for some geocaches you can't find, find some new friends to go geocaching with, and find some fun geocaches in the park. We have a lot of new geocachers in the area that started this summer that we'd like to welcome to our area!
Thanks to MonsterCatAmbush & RoadandtheSky who volunteered to supply hamburgers and hotdogs!
Feel free to bring newcomers, as we'd love to introduce them to geocaching during the event!

More information and the RSVP list is available at http://coord.info/GC3RYNV
I know many people are not familiar with RCA Park. It has a lovely paved nature trail, some wooded areas, a playground, ball field and some neat caches already. It will be a great location and we'll probably have most of the park to ourselves!

Please list in your RSVP/cache note what you're planning to bring & how many people.
Don't have something to bring to share? Then just bring your own picnic lunch or McDonald's food for you and your family.

Directions from SR 37 (for out of towners): Take Tapp Road east. Turn left on Rockport Road.Left on Countryside Lane and Right on RCA Park Drive.
Directions from downtown Bloomington: Take Rogers St south. Turn right on Rockport Road. Right on Countryside Lane and then Right on RCA Park Drive.
Or of course, use the parking coordinates in your GPS to navigate to the park! N 39° 08.685 W 086° 32.850

Indiana Geocaching Fall Picnic
Saturday, September 8th, 9am-5:30pm, Lieber State Recreation Area
The Indiana Geocaching Fall Picnic is held annually in Southern Indiana and more than 300 geocachers from all over the state to meet, greet and celebrate this fun hobby we participate in. More information about the event is at https://sites.google.com/site/2012indianafallpicnic/home Can't make it for the entire event? No problem, stop by when you can for a fun time! They also make some really nice re-useable geocaching name tags every year, so make sure to register on their site! It's free! (Parking inside of a state park requires a state park pass or $5 a vehicle) We'll try to setup a carpool from Bloomington. (Please reply if you're interested in the carpool and I'll set up a meeting location)
More information is available at: http://coord.info/GC3C915

Indiana Geocaching Fall Picnic Meet & Greet AND Night Caching Event
Friday, September 7th, 7pm-10:30pm, Lieber State Recreation Area
Annually, the night before the Fall Picnic is a meet and greet potluck. This year is a chili dump. Following the food, we have an amazing nightcaching experience with flashlights in the woods. Don't worry, there will be dozens of other geocachers participating to help you out if you've never nightcached before!
We'll try to setup a carpool from Bloomington.
More information is availabe at http://coord.info/GC3D71C

Facebook Group
A few people asked me to setup a Facebook group, so that people could meet, share and discuss geocaching stuff on Facebook. Our Facebook Page that we've had going has been great for announcements, but not informal discussions. Use it to ask for hints on caches you can't find or see if anyone's interested in going geocaching sometime with you. It is intended to be more social than what we have here on our e-mail list. So here it is: http://www.facebook.com/groups/133110390112003/ Feel free to join if you're interested.

Hope to see you at an upcoming event! Let me know if you have any questions!

Jess (Mickey4Jes)