Reminder: GeoWoodstock Registration Deadline is SUNDAY!

Jessica Falkenthal

Apr 13, 2012, 12:07:29 AM4/13/12
to Bloomington Geocachers

GeoWoodstock
Saturday May 26, 2012 from 9am-5pm at Silver Creek Township Park in Sellersburg, IN, just an hour and half away.
This is the world's largest geocaching event!  There are lots of fun activities, games, booths, geocaching vendors, and food for the entire family and geocachers of any experience level!
There will be 5,000-7,500  geocachers from all over the world in attendance. This event rotates across the country every year, so it is very unlikely it will be back in Indiana for a very, very long time, so take advantage of this once in a lifetime opportunity to attend this event while it's in our backyard!
If you have any questions about this event, please e-mail me or ask me at an event. I went in 2011 and had an amazing time! I would love to answer any questions you might have! :)

GeoWoodstock Registration Deadline is SUNDAY
You can attend without registering, but registering will provide you with a reusable geocaching name tag & lanyard, catered lunch, bag of goodies, t-shirt, etc. (There are differing levels of registration, including a free registration level. $25 Includes name badge, registration packet, souvenir badge holder, and 1 meal ticket. $35 include all of that plus the GeoWoodstock X T-Shirt. There are also levels of registration that include geocoins, pathtags, etc. If you don't register, you can still come, but you probably won't get a nametag, food, etc. It costs ours friends in southern Indiana tens of thousands of dollars to host an event of this size, so paid registration helps them to provide everyone with an awesome day!
The Final Registration Deadline is April 15th. Registration is at http://www.geowoodstock.com and does require a credit card to pay. (Unlike every other geocaching event, this has a separate website that you must register on!)

IF you are unsure about your schedule still, register and if you can't make it, I will pick up your registration materials for you, so you'll still get what you paid for. This will be the most memorable geocaching event of your life, so I'd really love to see you there! Shoot me an e-mail if you'd like to be part of a carpool to the event.

GeoWoodstock Volunteer Opportunities!
Our fellow Hoosiers who are planning this event are going to need a few hundred volunteers to help on the day of the event. Volunteers will have several different types of volunteer shifts and they will be 1.5-2 hours l, so that you have plenty of time to see the rest of the day. If you're interested in helping volunteer, there is a list of volunteer opportunites and time slots at http://geowoodstock.com/gws10/volunteer.php

CaptainV Sails The Seas
Saturday, April 21th at 6pm at the Scenic View Restaurant on 446
Our friend Captain V is moving back to Europe at the beginning of May and we're have a dinner party & roast in her honor. Even if you don't know Captain V, feel free to come, enjoy dinner, and chat geocaching with us.

Facebook Group
A few people asked me to setup a Facebook group, so that people could meet, share and discuss geocaching stuff on Facebook. Our Facebook Page that we've had going has been great for announcements, but not informal discussions. Use it to ask for hints on caches you can't find or see if anyone's interested in going geocaching sometime with you. It is intended to be more social than what we have here on our e-mail list. So here it is: http://www.facebook.com/groups/133110390112003/ Feel free to join if you're interested.

Hope to see you at an upcoming event! Let me know if you have any questions!

Jess (Mickey4Jes)