Geocaching Events on 3/14, 3/31, 4/9 & 5/26!

Jessica Falkenthal

Mar 10, 2012, 2:14:45 AM3/10/12
to Bloomington Geocachers
As with any geocaching event, click on the link for more details and to get the coordinates to the event location! Plus you can help event planners, by logging a "Will Attend" so they have a better idea of how many people to plan for. Hope to see you at an upcoming event!

3.14 Reasons to Eat Pie Event
Wednesday, March 14 at 7pm at Feast Bakery & Cafe in Bloomington
We'll be gathering for a low-key dessert or dinner event to chat about geocaching. Enjoy some yummy food, meet some new geocachers, share your geocaching stories, and get hints on the geocaches that you can't seem to find!
Feast Bakery Cafe is located at 581 E. Hillside Dr. Suite 104, which is 3 blocks south of Bryan Park on Henderson St. Their menu is online at http://www.feastcateringonline.com/menu.html
If you can, help me out by RSVPing at http://coord.info/GC3DKVR with how many people you might bring, so I know how many tables to save! We might have to move venues if we get too large!

Allen's Creek Cache In Trash out Event
Saturday, March 31 at 10am at Allen's Creek Recreation Area on the southside of Lake Monroe.
This is a very special event with a very special geocaching icon that you can earn! Geocachers from Bloomington and beyond will be coming together for a special day of service to help cleanup the Allen's Creek area of Lake Monroe. Trash bags, gloves, and bottled water will be provided. MonsterCatAmbush will also be taking several volunteers out on his boat to reach other pennisulas around Allen's Creek and we'll be hauling the trash out of the area via boat as well.
Everyone who attends will be entered to win a 2012 Park Pass that will get you into all state parks, recreation areas, and state forests for free! (Valued at $36)
We will probably setup a carpool there, so if you'd like to share a ride, please indicate so on the geocaching event page!
Come help us show that Geocachers Care!

GeoWoodstock
Saturday May 26, 2012 from 9am-5pm at Silver Creek Township Park in Sellersburg, IN, just an hour and half away.
This is the world's largest geocaching event!  There are lots of fun activities, games, booths, vendors, and food for the entire family and geocachers of any experience level!
There will be thousands of cachers from all over the world in attendance. This event rotates across the country every year, so it is very unlikely it will be back in Indiana for a very, very long time, so take advantage of this once in a lifetime opportunity to attend this event while it's in our backyard!
If you have any questions about this event, please e-mail me or ask me at an event. I went in 2011 and had an amazing time! I would love to answer any questions you might have! :)

GeoWoodstock Registration Deadline
You can attend without registering, but registering will provide you with a name tag, lunch, bag of goodies, t-shirt, etc. (There are differing levels of registration, including a free registration level. $20 Includes name badge, registration packet, souvenir badge holder, and 1 meal ticket. $30 include all of that plus the GeoWoodstock X T-Shirt. There are also levels of registration that include geocoins, pathtags, etc. If you don't register, you can still come, but you probably won't get a nametag, food, etc. It costs ours friends in southern Indiana tens of thousands of dollars to host an event of this size, so paid registration helps them to provide everyone with an awesome day!
The Early Bird Registration Deadline is March 15 and the final Registration Deadline is April 15th. Early Bird Registration will save you $5. Registration is at http://www.geowoodstock.com (Unlike every other geocaching event, this has a separate website that you must register on!)

GeoWoostock Volunteer Opportunities!
Our fellow Hoosiers who are planning this event are going to need a few hundred volunteers to help on the day of the event. Volunteers will have several different types of volunteer shifts and they will be short, so that you have plenty of time to see the rest of the day. If you're interested in helping volunteer, there is a checkbox for "Interested in Volunteering" when you register online!

Ich bin ein Berliner
Monday, April 9th at 6pm on IU Campus
It is Captain V's birthday and she wanted to celebrate her special day with a tribute to all her favorite geocachers- everyone in Bloomington. She's bringing cake for everyone, so come help her celebrate and enjoy some German cake for our German friend!

Facebook Group
A few people asked me to setup a Facebook group, so that people could meet, share and discuss geocaching stuff on Facebook. Our Facebook Page that we've had going has been great for announcements, but not informal discussions. Use it to ask for hints on caches you can't find or see if anyone's interested in going geocaching sometime with you. It is intended to be more social than what we have here on our e-mail list. So here it is: http://www.facebook.com/groups/133110390112003/ Feel free to join if you're interested.

Hope to see you at an upcoming event! Let me know if you have any questions!

Jess (Mickey4Jes)