New member

Andrew Kurtz

Jan 13, 2014, 12:27:12 AM1/13/14
to bloomingto...@googlegroups.com
Hi, my name is Andrew and I recently joined your group. A friend recommended your group to me so here I am.
I hope to make a few friends and do some caching as well. I've geocached all over the US for about ten years.
I'm looking forward to sharing some fun times and good conversation. Thx

Andrew

Sunrises

Jan 14, 2014, 7:03:09 PM1/14/14
to bloomingto...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew!  My name is Christine, a.k.a. ForTheLoveOfSunrises.  I've never actually posted on here, but I'm sure some older members have.  We have a FB page where most of my electronic interaction occurs with the other B-town cachers.  Click to join, because it is a members only site.  There is an event coming up soon:  GC4VP3F.

Welcome to the Community!
--Sunrises

Prince Butler

Jan 14, 2014, 7:36:36 PM1/14/14
to bloomingto...@googlegroups.com
Welcome Andrew. There are a lot of great caches in the Bloomington area. Things are pretty quiet in the winter season, but they should start to pick up as the weather gets warmer. Bloomington Geocachers is also active on Facebook on the group "Bloomington Geocachers"

Stuart Baggerly

Jan 24, 2014, 2:04:01 PM1/24/14
to cewa...@gmail.com, bloomingto...@googlegroups.com

Hey Andrew:   Just now saw this.  Welcome!

My game “handle” is monstercatambush.  We have a pretty decent caching community here in Bloomington.  As Christine (ForTheLoveOfSunrises) notes we do have get togethers that average about monthly.  There’s also the occasional road trip, but those are usually when it’s a touch warmer.  I’d encourage you to look into the facebook caching groups for I.U., Bloomington, and the IndyAreaGeocachers group.  The Indy group are some pretty decent folks that like to come down here and wander around in our woods.

There is a pretty good pile of caches here in town, but also a lot of pretty sweet caches out on the hundreds of miles of trails in the Hoosier National Forest and the Morgan Monroe State Forest.

But anyway, welcome, and we look forward to meeting up some time.

-Stu  (monstercatambush)

Oh yeah….  I’m sending this from work, so it has a weird return e-mail address.  I’m usually easier to catch at monsterc...@yahoo.com