Upcoming Geocaching Events in July

Jessica Falkenthal

Jul 1, 2012, 3:12:03 PM7/1/12
to Bloomington Geocachers

Monday Fun Day - McCormick's Creek
Monday, July 2 at 10am at McCormick's Creek State Park in Spencer, IN
Several geocachers from across Indiana are coming together for a pitch-in trail mix & hike and a pitch-in no-cook lunch & hike that's practically in our backyard. They'll be hiking trails 9 and 5 which are 1.2 miles and 2 miles respectively. 9 is rated as an easy hike and 5 is an
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC3ND9M

Wapehani Mountain Bike Park Trail Beautification
Saturday, July 28, 9am-12pm
at Wapehani Mountain Bike Park in Bloomington

The Bloomington Parks and Recreation mentioned that they need some help from community groups to maintain and restore some of Bloomington's most scenic natural areas. So we're having a service project to give back to our local park system! We'll be having a CITO service event to help the City of Bloomington Parks & Rec department with invasive plant mapping and removal at Wapehani Mountain Bike Park. Did you know that Wapehani Mountain Bike Park was the first mountain bike park in the state of Indiana?
I told them we'd have about 20 volunteers for the event, so please RSVP on the event cache page to give me an idea of how many people might be coming, so I know how many more volunteers I will need to recruit. (If we have more than 20 vehicles, we will need to carpool from a neighboring parking lot because Wapehani's parking lot can!)
Everything you need to know is at http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC3NX6N

Picnic in the Park II - Celebrate International Geocaching Day
Saturday, August 18th at park to be determined
Hold the date for our second annual Picnic in the Park to celebrate International Geocaching Day. We had a lovely potluck lunch & fun day at Winslow Woods last year, and I'm taking suggestions for other Bloomington area parks to host it at this year. I was thinking Karst Farm Park. If anyone else would like to help plan this event, please let me know! Or if you'd be willing to chip in for the shelter rental...

Facebook Group
A few people asked me to setup a Facebook group, so that people could meet, share and discuss geocaching stuff on Facebook. Our Facebook Page that we've had going has been great for announcements, but not informal discussions. Use it to ask for hints on caches you can't find or see if anyone's interested in going geocaching sometime with you. It is intended to be more social than what we have here on our e-mail list. So here it is: http://www.facebook.com/groups/133110390112003/ Feel free to join if you're interested.

Hope to see you at an upcoming event! Let me know if you have any questions!

Jess (Mickey4Jes)