Paper about Bloom implementation?

Daniel Perez

May 18, 2014, 1:25:43 AM5/18/14
to bloom...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I recently came across the Bloom language, which seems very interesting.
I have read most of the papers listed on the BOOM project research page
but all the papers I read provided a pretty high level overview.
I could not find any paper with low-level details about the
planned implementation or the current Bud implementation.
Would there be any paper providing further details about the current
or expected implementation of the Bloom language.

Thank you for your help.

Daniel

Neil Conway

May 22, 2014, 11:27:42 AM5/22/14
to bloom...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel,

There isn't a paper that focuses on the low-level implementation
details of Bud. If you have a specific question about how Bud is
implemented, please post it. Otherwise, the source code is probably
your best bet for learning more. In some respects, implementing a
Datalog runtime is similar to implementing a relational database, so a
survey paper on relational database internals (e.g., [1]) might be
worth a look.

Best wishes,

Neil

[1] http://db.cs.berkeley.edu/papers/fntdb07-architecture.pdf