Exchange of messages

Luiz Camargo

May 12, 2016, 10:23:01 AM5/12/16
to Bloom Language
I Began to studying Bloom.
How to establish the exchange of messages between two or more nodes?
Besides channel, is necessary to use collection interfaces?
I can run them at single machine with separated window?

Best regard,
Luiz Camargo - Brazil

Peter Alvaro

May 12, 2016, 11:11:27 AM5/12/16
to bloom...@googlegroups.com
Hi Luiz,

I am glad to hear that you are looking at Bloom!

How to establish the exchange of messages between two or more nodes?

have you looked at the bloom docs?  you will need to use a channel collection, and you will need to make sure that records inserted into it have a field that contains an ip:port pair.  that's it!  the runtime will attempt to send records inserted into the channel to that ip/port.

> Besides channel, is necessary to use collection interfaces?

I am not sure I understand the question.  if you are asking whether it is necessary to use "interfaces," the answer is no.  interfaces are just scratch collections for which data moves in only one direction (input or output, respectively).  they can help to structure code but they are not required.

if your question is whether it is necessary to use collections other than channels, the answer is probably yes.  collections are the only data structures in bloom: you'll need them to store programs state.

I can run them at single machine with separated window?

I am not sure what you mean by "separated window," but sure, you can run many bloom instances on a single machine, as long as you bind them to different ports.

peter

Luiz Camargo

May 12, 2016, 11:26:05 AM5/12/16
to Bloom Language