BudTable (table) persists data?

Armin Primadi

May 14, 2016, 1:30:44 PM5/14/16
to Bloom Language
Hi,

Fellow Cal Alumni here (did an undergraduate, class of 2009). Nice work on Bloom. Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I got interested in this project and start reading the source code and documentation.

So I understand the store and sync which uses the BudZkTable and BudDbmTable respectively and persists the data to zookeeper / Dbm. What about BudTable (table)? Does it persists the data or just stores the data in memory? I saw that the BudTable inherits from BudPersistentCollection which makes me assume that it's being persisted but I cannot find the storage implementation anywhere.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Armin

Peter Alvaro

May 14, 2016, 1:53:36 PM5/14/16
to bloom...@googlegroups.com
Hi Armin,

the contents of a BudTable are stored in memory only.  it is "persistent" in the sense that its contents persist across time until they are explicitly deleted (as opposed to "scratch" relations, whose contents are ephemeral).

peter

Armin Primadi

May 14, 2016, 2:08:53 PM5/14/16
to Bloom Language, pal...@gmail.com