Please introduce yourself!

Marie Frenette

May 11, 2010, 10:00:43 AM5/11/10
to Blood Connections
Hello Blood Connections volunteers!

Since we don't all know each other, why don't we all introduce
ourselves and why we are interested in helping out with Blood
Connections?

My name is Marie Frenette, I'm Canadian and am working for the Korea
Tourism Organization on their visitkorea website and their facebook
page. This journey started for me with an email requesting b- blood
donations. And it has brought me to here! The opening of the Blood
Connections collaboration group.

I hope Blood Connections is able to make a real long term impact on
the lives of Koreans and foreign people living in Korea though
awareness raising campaigns, rare blood donor programs, and the
publishing of multi-lingual donation materials.

Marie

Corinne

May 13, 2010, 7:31:49 AM5/13/10
to Blood Connections
Hi everybody.

I'm Corinne. I'm also Canadian, and I work at a public middle school
in Suwon.

Once upon a time I was a very good student of French and Spanish, but
I'm no longer skilled enough to translate *into* those languages, so I
have offered to help out as an editor. I've worked as a radio news
writer/editor, a student newspaper editor, a website editor, etc.,
etc. It's not a chosen vocation-- it's just what I always end up
doing!

Cheers!

Bridget McGregor

May 13, 2010, 8:27:56 AM5/13/10
to Blood Connections
Hi!

I'm Bridget (yet another Canadian!), but I work at a university in
Seoul. I've been here for 4.5 years and expect to be here for many
more.

For now I'll just be meeting with everyone online because I'm getting
close my 3 (yes 3!!!!) wedding ceremonies, but I'm excited to try and
contribute when I can. I spend my life teaching writing and editing
students' papers, so I'll try to share those skills with this group.

Jane Lee

May 13, 2010, 12:15:33 PM5/13/10
to blood-co...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

I'm Jane and currently live in LA (though I'm trying to relocate to Seoul!) and have intermediate Korean language skills.  I'm a native English speaker, so I believe I can contribute in an English Editor capacity. I'm also familiar with common syntactic and grammatical errors found in Korean->English translations so it'll be easy to clean up those nuances as well.

Nice to meet you :-)

Jane

Haratz

May 13, 2010, 8:36:06 PM5/13/10
to Blood Connections
Hey guys.

I'm Jason, Ji. I'm a pure Korean! I'm doing some translations for
Blood Connection. It's not too easy, considering that my English
skills are just good enough to order a cup of green tea at Starbucks,
but i'm doing my best. It's good that we've got experienced
editors. :)

I was in Australia for two years. Oh here is one story. When i first
went there, i couldn't order a sandwich at Subway. And now, 2 years
from then, I'm doing translations for Blood Connection. Isn't this
funny? haha.

Well, nice to meet you all and hope we can do a great job.

Jason

Rob Guv

May 16, 2010, 11:05:44 PM5/16/10
to Blood Connections
Hello,

My name's Rob, I have lived in Jeonju for the last 4 years. Originally
from Wales I am happy to help edit translated work.

Catherine Jung

May 16, 2010, 11:51:58 PM5/16/10
to blood-co...@googlegroups.com

Hi~
I'm Catherine Jung, doing the translation work for blood-connections, native Korean, living in Seoul.
I'm glad that I can help for this valuable work and will do my best~ ^^*

you all have a great day~!

regards,

2010/5/17 Rob Guv <rob...@gmail.com>

--
Catherine Hye sun Jung
010-8495-0116

Alberto Bortoni

May 21, 2010, 4:09:53 PM5/21/10
to Blood Connections
Hello!!
my name is Alberto Bortoni!
im a Mexican Living currently in seoul!
ill be glad to help on translating what is needed to spanish!
im a Mechatronic engineer, which does not really help on this..
but last year i did some english to spanish translations of some
manuals for some korean products!
contact me if you need!