Looking for A RH negative blood urgently

Marie Frenette

Aug 19, 2010, 2:11:17 AM8/19/10
to Blood Connections
Just received the word that a 43 year old foreign man has been
diagnosed with lukemia and is at the Gangnam Samseong hospital. He
needs one dose of A RH negative platelet a day. I'm sorry but I am on
a company outing so I won't be able to get phone calls. For now please
contact Jeongwoo Jeon at 010-5048-7678 if you can assist.

Kieran Tighe

Sep 3, 2020, 10:13:43 PM9/3/20
to Blood Connections
Hi Marie,

I am living in the Yangjae area in Seoul and I would like to start donating platelets here in Korea. I am from the U.K and have now been in Korea for a year. My blood group is A RH negative. I have donated many times before in the UK.

Please let me know if you need me.

Many thanks,

Kieran Tighe

010 4710 3007

Marie Frenette

Sep 3, 2020, 10:23:27 PM9/3/20
to Blood Connections
Hi Kieran

Thanks for reaching out. I am not involved in the blood collection, I just tried to help someone who ended up dying unfortunately and discovered some flaws in the system. A community was created because of it and some changes have been made but I am not super up to date on the situation.

The community we use more often is Facebook (Blood Connections) although it isn't super active these days. I would say just go into a donation center and see what happens. If you don't speak Korean bring someone so you can understand what is going on.

Marie