[WiMAXATL] CLEAR Spot - Personal WiFi Hotspot [Video]

瀏覽次數:0 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

William Higgins

未讀,
2009年11月18日 下午2:13:412009/11/18
收件者:bloggin...@googlegroups.com

The CLEAR Spot is a powerful, battery powered wireless router and is a very useful accessory for the CLEAR WiMAX service. Using the CLEAR mobile USB adapter you can use the CLEAR Spot to create a WiFi hotspot and share that connection your friends or co-workers. Here are some simple ideas and situations where the CLEAR Spot may come in handy.
  • You work for a company that blocks most social networking sites on the company network. If you had the CLEAR service and the CLEAR Spot accessory you could create and share your own private WiFi hotspot and then browse those sites during your break without using the company network.
  • It is a pretty day and you and your friends want to go out to the local park with your laptops to do some research on a project for school. Using your CLEAR service and the CLEAR Spot accessory you create and share your own WiFi hotspot at the park for you and all your friends to share.
  • You are a general contractor that is working on building a new house. The job site does not have power or let alone Internet connectivity. With the CLEAR Spot installed in your truck, all you have to do is roll up to the site and now the entire area is covered by WiFi.
Real-World CLEAR Spot Mobile Test

When I first unboxed my CLEAR Spot I decided to take it for a real-world mobile test in a moving car on I-258 in Atlanta. Here is the setup:
  • CLEAR USB Adapter (Unlimited Mobile Plan)
  • CLEAR Spot personal hotspot (running on battery power.)
  • Nokia n71x (connected to CLEAR Spot via WiFi)
  • Using Qik to stream LIVE video!
Check out the video to see the results. I am happy to report it worked better than I thought!

--
Posted By William Higgins to WiMAXATL at 11/18/2009 08:32:00 AM
回覆所有人