[WiMAXATL] CLEAR is launching 2 new advanced WiMAX modems in select markets.

1 view

William Higgins

Jan 13, 2010, 4:03:54 PM1/13/10
to bloggin...@googlegroups.com
CLEAR is in the process of rolling out 2 new advanced WiMAX modems with some features we have not seen yet from the current hardware offering. The main new feature seen in both of these devices is that they have built-in ATA capability for VOIP. This is good news because customers will not longer need to have a separate ATA device for VOIP. Should make for an easier install and users can upgrade to VOIP without new equipment being installed or shipped. As soon as we get our hands on these we will post more information. Until then, here is the information we do have.

First up...
Gemtek Series G Home Modem

Gemtek (http://www.gemtek.com.tw) was Founded in 1991, and is a leading provider of Wireless Broadband solutions, offering a wide range of solutions from residential to business. Specific details about this device are not yet released yet but this is what we know:
  • Internal ATA: Yes
  • Antenna: Omni-Directional
  • Price is the same as current modems with a CLEAR plan: $79.99 w/$10 discount.
  • Lease also available: $4.99/mo Market: Las Vegas

Second device...
Motorola Series M Home Modem (CPEi 725)

The Motorola device is a little more known to us. Again, the main feature of note is the included ATA functions. Motorola’s WiMAX CPEi 725 features data and voice access ports and high gain antennas with omni directional performance that should offer good signal strength. It’s highly sensitive receiver exceeds the WiMAX Forum’s specified receiver sensitivity requirements. Also of note is the built-in quality of services (QoS) features, which should provide better data and VOIP performance.

  • Internal ATA: Yes
  • Antenna: Omni-Directional
  • Price is the same as current modems with a CLEAR plan: $79.99 w/$10 discount.
  • Lease also available: $4.99/mo
  • Market: Portland
It is unknown at this time if current customers will be able to upgrade to these newer devices or when these may come available in other CLEAR markets.

Sponsored by:

Try RingCentral Fax FREE for 30 Days

--
Posted By William Higgins to WiMAXATL at 1/13/2010 01:46:00 PM