[Blogging WiMAX] What is a "Value Added" Reseller?

William Higgins

Jun 23, 2009, 10:59:06 PM6/23/09
to bloggin...@googlegroups.com
Welcome to Blogging WiMAX! If you are reading this post then you may already know that WiMAXATL.com is an authorized reseller of the new Clear super fast wireless broadband Internet service here in the Atlanta area. But, we are much more than just a "reseller" of the Clear service. We like to call ourselves a "Value Added Reseller," or VAR. It's important to understand the difference so I am going to take a few minutes here to explain.

A generic, run-of-the-mill, reseller is someone or someplace that does just that. They "re-sell" a product or service that is provided by someone else. They usually know about as much about the product or service as a slick brochure or the product website That is about it. Best Buy is a huge reseller of a bunch of products. The problem with Best Buy is that you rarely find anyone there that actually knows how to use the products they re-sell. It's just surface knowledge.

A "Value Added" Reseller takes a different approach. A value added reseller will sell you a SOLUTION not just a product. And that my friends makes all the difference in the world. In the enterprise IT world, VARs are critical in helping companies solve problems and create solutions using specific products. But the key ingredient all of this is haivng people that know the products well enough to help create those solutions.

I hope this short explination give you an idea of our goal here at WiMAXATL. We plan to be much more than just a reseller of the Clear products and service. We want to help you or your business understand how to make the technology work and to get the most out of your investment.

--
Posted By William Higgins to Blogging WiMAX at 6/23/2009 10:16:00 PM