Email sending issue

DFGrumpy

Jan 24, 2011, 11:47:44 PM1/24/11
to BlogCFC
Hey,

I host blogCFC on a shared server. I also use a hosted gmail
account for sending email. I have tried a couple different ways but
for some reason when email comes out of blogCFC it always comes out as
the account in the CFAdmin. It does not have the from email address
that is setup in the blog.ini file.

Anyone seen this and maybe know how I can correct this?

Thanks,

--Dave

Jason Dean

Jan 24, 2011, 11:51:31 PM1/24/11
to blo...@googlegroups.com
gmail overrides the reply to address when you send through their SMTP.  I have not been able to find a way around it.

Jason

Raymond Camden

Jan 25, 2011, 7:21:11 AM1/25/11
to blo...@googlegroups.com
Dave - can you confirm this is a gmail issue and not blogcfc?

Raymond Camden, ColdFusion Jedi Master

Email    : r...@camdenfamily.com
Blog      : www.coldfusionjedi.com
AOL IM : cfjedimaster

Keep up to date with Android news: http://www.androidgator.com

Stephen Moretti

Jan 25, 2011, 7:26:09 AM1/25/11
to blo...@googlegroups.com
I noticed this morning that someone had left a comment on my blog (doesn't happen very often) and I hadn't had an email.

Thats about as far as I've got with trying to work out where the issue is and it could still be PEBCAK and not BlogCFC.

Stephen
--
Stephen Moretti
Blog : http://nil.checksite.co.uk/

David V

Jan 25, 2011, 7:45:48 AM1/25/11
to blo...@googlegroups.com
I can confirm that it is NOT blogCFC as I receive emails from comments.

DFGrumpy

Jan 25, 2011, 9:09:14 AM1/25/11
to BlogCFC
The overwriting of the reply to is a gmail thing. As Jason stated,
you cant get around that.

But, if you are having sending issues it could be an issue with
BlogCFC. I only say this because, as you can read in myblog entry,
BlogCFC is missing 3 necessary attributes to cfmail to send mail when
using gmail.

You can read the blog entry here:
http://blog.dkferguson.com/index.cfm/2011/1/25/Using-gmail-hosted-email-with-BlogCFC

Thanks,

--Dave

Raymond Camden

Jan 25, 2011, 9:34:58 AM1/25/11
to blo...@googlegroups.com
I'll look into it. Would be nice to get into the dot release.

Stephen Moretti

Jan 25, 2011, 12:33:15 PM1/25/11
to blo...@googlegroups.com
On 25 January 2011 12:26, Stephen Moretti <stephen...@gmail.com> wrote:
I noticed this morning that someone had left a comment on my blog (doesn't happen very often) and I hadn't had an email.

Thats about as far as I've got with trying to work out where the issue is and it could still be PEBCAK and not BlogCFC.

ahem... my cfmail sending issue was PEBCAK.... I'll go away now