Film festival on American Hegemony @ Jaaga [Dec 4, 5]

Mohan

Dec 3, 2010, 7:41:32 AM12/3/10
to Bangalore/Bengaluru Bloggers - Blogaloreans, bangalor...@yahoogroups.com
Hello!

A film festival on American hegemony is being organised at Jaaga - creative common ground. An extract from the website-

Hello there! Are you alive right now? Yes, I believe? Well then you have been structured in many ways by ideologies, mainly economic, emerging from the United States of America in the last one century.

This film festival aims at presenting several issues which are usually not taken up in mainstream media (or hide behind the workings of mainstream media, as you shall see in a few of the films to be screened). We shall screen a personal selection of six films - a mix of mainstream movies and documentaries.

December 4th, Saturday
2:00pm - 6:00pm
Start of film festival. Screening of the documentary War on Democracy and the movie Team America: World Police. Discussion [optional].

December 5th, Sunday
10:00pm - 1:00pm
Screening of documentaries The Corporation and Story of Stuff.

1:00pm - 2:00pm
Lunch

2:00pm - 6.15pm
Screening of the documentary Manufacturing Consent: Noam Chomsky and the Media and the movie Wag the Dog. Discussion [optional].

Venue
Jaaga Screening Room, Jaaga

Google Maps: http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=6204047418301939679
No. 16/1, Rhenius Street
Off Richmond Road
Opposite Hockey Stadium
Shanthinagar
Bangalore - 560025.

>> If you are getting here via auto-rickshaw or cab:

The primary landmarks are "Opposite the Hockey Stadium near Richmond Circle in Shanthinagar" once you get close we're "8 buildings to the right of the TV9 building, across from the Hockey Association Club main gate on Rhenius Street"

>> If you are driving:

- Get onto Richmond Road, going towards Richmond Circle (it's a one way road in the right direction)
- Take a left just before Richmond Circle at the Coffee Day (you'll be turning onto Rhenius St but the sign is hard to see)
- Just go straight and you'll pass TV9 on your left and the Hockey Stadium on your right.

* Look for a strange building with a red gate :)

For more information, visit: http://americanhegemonyff.blogspot.com/
[on the festival, schedule, contact, venue, location]

Do attend if you can. For more details, contact me [Mohan] at 810 577 4016.

Cheers, peace,
Mohan

--
# blog: www.witnesstimes.com