Comments acquiring extra commas

Chris Warkentin

May 7, 2021, 2:19:17 PM5/7/21
to Blockly
I'm creating some toolbox items that are functions with a bunch of blocks and a comment describing what it does. For some reason when you save a workspace some corruption creeps into the comments. You'll start to see a bunch of blank lines and leading commas in the comment text. I can work around it by not having any carriage returns in the comment text but it makes it awkward to format a nice comment.
You'll see lines like
,,,,,
,,,,
,,,
,,
,
appearing in the saved file.

Has anyone seen this? It doesn't seem to always happen but seems to be a product of exporting and restoring the workspace xml.

Beka Westberg

May 7, 2021, 3:02:09 PM5/7/21
to blo...@googlegroups.com
Huh I've never seen that behavior before! Do you have steps or an example comment that replicates that bug? It would be really nice to file a issue for it =)

Best wishes,
--Beka

Chris Warkentin

May 7, 2021, 4:25:21 PM5/7/21
to blo...@googlegroups.com
I'll have to chase it down at some point. When I figure it out I'll submit a patch if it's not just me doing something dumb. Seems to be related to storing big code blocks in the toolbox.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Blockly" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/blockly/CAEBzR97dptoDJb%2BwYG1DF9aOKRdP_WdNd5s3FA9k8ZY0V9DjjQ%40mail.gmail.com.