Custom Procedure Plugin Docs

Joshua Lowe

Jun 28, 2024, 7:03:46 AM (5 days ago) Jun 28
to Blockly
Hi all,

I've been looking through the "Create custom procedure blocks" documentation (https://developers.google.com/blockly/guides/create-custom-blocks/procedures/creating-custom-procedure-blocks) and it seems as though there's quite a few bugs in the code and that the guide is potentially also out of date.

Is there an updated guide on creating custom procedures using the @blockly/block-shareable-procedures plugin, or a barebones simple example of custom define/call procedure blocks?

Thanks!

Christopher Allen

Jun 28, 2024, 4:39:33 PM (4 days ago) Jun 28
to blo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joshua,

I've been looking through the "Create custom procedure blocks" documentation (https://developers.google.com/blockly/guides/create-custom-blocks/procedures/creating-custom-procedure-blocks) and it seems as though there's quite a few bugs in the code and that the guide is potentially also out of date.

Oh, that's not ideal.  Would you be so kind as to file a documentation bug report with details of the problem(s) you have observed/encountered?  That would be most helpful for us in reviewing and updating the docs.

Is there an updated guide on creating custom procedures using the @blockly/block-shareable-procedures plugin, or a barebones simple example of custom define/call procedure blocks?

I am not sure if they qualify as "a barebones simple example"—nothing about procedure blocks is particularly simple—but a good comprehensive place to start is probably the procedure block definitions supplied with the block-shareable-procedures plugin.

Best wishes,

Christopher