Integrating blockly into django.

Developer

Nov 5, 2019, 8:23:22 AM11/5/19
to Blockly
I have a django project that uses django templates for UI. I want to use blockly inside one of the django app. I would like to know whether I can do that without installing any of the js libraries like react, angular, requirejs etc. I think after installing any one of these I would probably have to use dango REST framework. I don't have any experience of using the framework and would like to know whether the project will work fine when some of the apps use templates while others use the framework.

feni...@google.com

Nov 5, 2019, 7:41:13 PM11/5/19
to Blockly
I haven't tried to use blockly inside django, but you should be able to just use the compressed files by grabbing them from github and treating them like any other JS files.  Try the steps on our Getting Started page.

Cheers,
Rachel

Developer

Nov 6, 2019, 9:08:21 AM11/6/19
to Blockly
Thanks Rachel for the advice. I did use the Getting started page and just had to tinker with the project structure for managing static files i.e. css, js and other media. I think I should be able to swim through this. Thanks for the product and you folks are doing a great job.