Actdiag layout strange with multiple entry points to a block.

William Wicker

Jul 28, 2021, 11:30:10 AM7/28/21
to blockdiag-discuss
This diagram does not lay out as I would expect:

actdiag {
    A -> B -> C -> D;
    Q -> R -> S -> T;
    B -> R;
    S -> C;
    lane foo {
        A; B; C; D;
        }
    lane bar {
        Q; R; S; T;
        }
    }

Block Q is pushed way off to the right (stays in the same lane, but not in the same column, if you will) of the other blocks in the "bar" lane.

See it in the interactive shell (which is WAY cool, BTW!):

Any suggestions on how to deal with this?

William.

Noboru Yamamoto

Jul 29, 2021, 1:27:06 AM7/29/21
to blockdia...@googlegroups.com, William Wicker
Hello Williams,

How about this?
===========
actdiag {
Q -> R -> S -> T;
A -> B --md -> C -> D;
B -> R [folded];
S -> C [folded];
lane foo {
label="Foo";
A; B; md[shape= minidiamond, label=" "]; C; D;
}
lane bar {
label="Bar";
Q; R; S; T;
}
}
=============

Noboru
--
Noboru Yamamoto
Accelerator Control group

Noboru Yamamoto

Jul 29, 2021, 1:41:15 AM7/29/21
to blockdia...@googlegroups.com, William Wicker
Hi,
Here is another version:
=======
actdiag {
A -> B -> md -> C -> D;
Q -> R -> S -> T;
md <- S [folded]
B -> R [folded];
lane foo {
label="Foo";
A; B; md[shape= minidiamond, label=" "]; C; D;
}
lane bar {
label="Bar";
Q; R; S; T;
}
}
=======

image.svg

Noboru Yamamoto

Jul 29, 2021, 1:46:01 AM7/29/21
to blockdia...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
One more version:
===
actdiag {
A -> B -> C -> D;
Q -> R -> S -> T;
B -> R [folded];
C <- S [folded];
lane foo {
A; B; C; D;
}
lane bar {
Q; R; S; T;
}
}
======
image (2).svg

William Wicker

Jul 29, 2021, 12:15:54 PM7/29/21
to blockdiag-discuss
All of those are excellent! Didn't know about the folded attribute, but it sure solves my problem.

Thank you!

Noboru Yamamoto

Jul 29, 2021, 11:18:12 PM7/29/21
to blockdia...@googlegroups.com
Hi William,

On 2021/07/30 1:15, William Wicker wrote:
> All of those are excellent! Didn't know about the folded attribute, but it
> sure solves my problem.
I'm very glad hearing it.

Basically, actdiag is based on blockdiag.
Most of attributes of diagrams/nodes/edges in blockdiag

MAY works for these objects in actdiag.

I DID NOT check all attributes show in
http://blockdiag.com/ja/blockdiag/index.html (ONLY in Jpapase, sorry.)
It may or may not work in some case, but it worth it to try anway.

Regards,

Noboru

Noboru Yamamoto

Jul 30, 2021, 12:56:15 AM7/30/21
to blockdia...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Documents on blockdiag attributes are found at

http://blockdiag.com/en/blockdiag/attributes/index.html