Can I translate BlockCAD

Rave

Aug 1, 2008, 5:43:36 AM8/1/08
to The BlockCAD Forum
Hello. This is my first e-mail to you. Maybe will write nexts. My
question
is: Can I translate BlockCAD to another language (in this case
Polish)? I
would to use BlockCAD in my native language. Of course, I'll NEVER
delete the
Author's info. I wait for quick and good answer.

bozz

Aug 3, 2008, 3:16:33 PM8/3/08
to The BlockCAD Forum
Answered in private email (the translation process still needs a beta
version of BlockCAD, so I don't want it spread uncontrolled)

Bozz

Rave

Aug 14, 2008, 6:03:22 AM8/14/08
to The BlockCAD Forum
Thanks, but I started translating BlockCAD in ResHacker. Can I
translate it using this tool?

bozz

Aug 14, 2008, 2:03:37 PM8/14/08
to The BlockCAD Forum
You can (use ResHacker), but the BlockCAD community in general will
not have much benefit of that, as the work would have to be redone
each time a new version appears (not that that happens very often
nowadays...), and I can't manage 42 different versions for download in
different languages. The whole point with the new system in the beta
is that translations are put 'aside' from the program it self, they
are open (anyone can write a translation with free tools), and they
are so small that the download can contain many languages.

Rave

Aug 25, 2008, 10:39:40 AM8/25/08
to The BlockCAD Forum
> (...) I can't manage 42 different versions for download in
> different languages.

You can manage 42 versions of Blockcad.exe instead of it :)