AnkerCad

gin

Jan 30, 2009, 5:30:09 AM1/30/09
to The BlockCAD Forum
Here again!

I'm having so much trouble with AnkerCad. It can't support large
structures. One my model is loaded in 20 minutes. And also putting
subassembled structures( windows, doors, columns and etc.) also takes
long time. So update for AnkerCad is really needed.

bozz

Feb 1, 2009, 4:33:42 PM2/1/09
to The BlockCAD Forum
> I'm having so much trouble with AnkerCad. It can't support large
> structures. One my model is loaded in 20 minutes.

Send me the model file so I can take a look at it (and try to see
where the time is spent). Maybe your model is just too large for your
computer? AC gets slower the more parts are put in the model.

> And also putting subassembled structures( windows, doors, columns and etc.)
> also takes long time.

Into the same model, or in general?

gin

Feb 2, 2009, 11:51:43 AM2/2/09
to The BlockCAD Forum

> > And also putting subassembled structures( windows, doors, columns and etc.)
> > also takes long time.
>
> Into the same model, or in general?

In both. Those subassemblely built structures ussually contain many
small blocks, which make model "heavier"

bozz

Feb 3, 2009, 4:45:15 PM2/3/09
to The BlockCAD Forum
OK, I have received the model, and there's unfortunately not much to
do here :-(

102644 (!!!) parts takes that much time to load and display, the only
solution is a faster computer (or smaller models).

Bozz

gin

Feb 4, 2009, 6:16:42 AM2/4/09
to The BlockCAD Forum

It's pretty hard to use No.31 instead of No.4, because I ussualy add
even smaller blocks which need quarter or eight to put.
And that's the problem: I create art using AnkerCad, because it is
easy to use.

alanna

Nov 17, 2015, 1:14:54 PM11/17/15
to The BlockCAD Forum
hello world my name is Alanna i have a lot of trouble with Block cad every time i use block cad at school on my computer and when ever i am building a house and i place a block in the wrong place i have to delete my house that i took forever to make. i like playing block cad i just dont like playing because of that stupid glitch.

sincerly ,Alanna

bozz

Nov 17, 2015, 1:21:08 PM11/17/15
to The BlockCAD Forum
There are two ways:

As long as you haven't built on top of a wrongly placed block, just do

- click on the Arrow so you can point on blocks again, instead of
placing new blocks
- SHIFT-click on the block you want to move - it is taken loose, and
you can place it wherever you want

When you want to move a block that is (partly) covered, do

- click on the Arrow so you can point on blocks again, instead of
placing new blocks
- press the ESC key to clear the selection
- click on the block you want to move (its edges become red)
- open the Advanced Toolbox (Gear button, first menu choice)
- move the block in the desired direction by clicking the up/down
button at X, Y or Z

NOTE: When doing this, it is possible to place a block (partly) inside
another block, you can even move a block completely through another
one. Make sure that no blocks are overlapping in this way before you
leave this dialog, as the rendering will be confused and display the
model different each time you redraw it. This fact can also be used
for special effects, for example parts that change color when you
redraw (or rotate) the picture :-)

HTH,
Bozz