pthread issue

Erling D. Andersen

Dec 20, 2019, 8:33:40 AM12/20/19
to blis-discuss
Hi

I build blis using the latest source (from AMD though) with

   ./configure --enable-threading=pthreads amd64

Then when I compile against the blis I get

  blis.h(1344): error: identifier "pthread_barrier_t" is undefined
    typedef pthread_barrier_t      bli_pthread_barrier_t;
          ^

I find that very strange. Do you have any clue what could be wrong?

Erling

Jeff Hammond

Dec 20, 2019, 9:48:48 AM12/20/19
to Erling D. Andersen, blis-discuss
What operating system? Pthread barrier isn’t standard. It’s usually there on Linux. We have a workaround for MacOS but it may not be tuned for high core count.

Sent from my iPhone

Erling D. Andersen

Dec 20, 2019, 10:37:06 AM12/20/19
to blis-discuss
I used the -std=c99 option with Intel C on Linux. That seems to have caused the problem.

Devin Matthews

Dec 20, 2019, 10:39:04 AM12/20/19
to blis-discuss

I used the -std=c99 option with Intel C on Linux. That seems to have caused the problem.

Maybe _POSIX_C_SOURCE needs to be set to an appropriate value?

Devin Matthews

Dec 20, 2019, 10:41:47 AM12/20/19
to blis-discuss

I used the -std=c99 option with Intel C on Linux. That seems to have caused the problem.

Maybe _POSIX_C_SOURCE needs to be set to an appropriate value?

Looks like -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=200809L is a possiblity. Can you try putting this in the compile line (with -std=c99) and see if that fixes it?